Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Break Action Pistols    did t/c ever make a 250 savage barrel????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

did t/c ever make a 250 savage barrel???? Login/Join 

posted
I've been searching for a 250 savage T/C barrel encore or contender
i had a OTT but sold it
my question is did t/c ever make one for any of there platforms
thanks fred

Posts: 507 | Location: wny | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
TC made both pistol and rifle Encore barrels in .250 Savage. They did not offer the .250 in a Contender

My 15" barrel really liked H4895 and Speer bullets but wasn't too shabby with 100 grain Nosler BTs & Re-15, either.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bobby Tomek,

Posts: 4730 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of boarmountain
posted Hide Post
SSk chambers the 250 savage in a contender. I've had two over the years. Pistol and rifle.

------------------------------
Mike B.
Master Taxidermist
North American & National Champion
Custom Bamboo rod maker

Posts: 392 | Location: Boulder,Montana | Registered: February 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
As with the .300 Savage, the older cartridge’s loads need to be kept within the SAAMI specs of 45,000 CUP. I load mine a couple grains below the listed maximums, the deer never noticed and my frames are like new. Be aware though, some published data apparently exceeds SAAMI pressures. Max rifle velocities should be 87@3000 and 100@2800 to insure Contender-safe pressures.

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith

Posts: 976 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I know that Bullberry built at least one.

Dick

Posts: 52 | Location: SE Idaho | Registered: May 04, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys that being said im looking for a T/C rifle barrel

Posts: 507 | Location: wny | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I talked to Troy at Bullberry a couple of weeks ago and a 250 Savage Contender was out of the question.

Posts: 90 | Location: TX | Registered: September 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Life

Picture of Jules
posted Hide Post
Mike Bellm chambered a 250Imp for me in a 25cal 20" Virgin Valley Contender bbl. It was based on a 307win case but used 250 Savage imp dies. Boring accurate. I just never had the time to shoot it much so I sold it.

Jules

Posts: 2947 | Location: Va. | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post