Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Break Action Pistols    Barrel you wish you had back
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel you wish you had back Login/Join 

Life

Picture of Jules
posted
Just wanted to see how many of y'all sold off a barrel {short or long) that you wish you had back. Mine is a 20" 223imp chambered by OTT and a 14" 222rem rechambered by Bellm.

Jules

Posts: 2967 | Location: Va. | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just two for me. I sold a 12 inch diamond barrel in 222 rem mag made by mgm for the TCA. Second is a octagonal 357/44 B&D that had a TSOB base and was magnaported. I bought this one from Haus of Arms when they sold some of JDJ's collection. I would want this one back to make a folding SBR or use one of the braces.On the other hand, I regret not buying the octagonal 24 inch 6.5 jap contender barrel that was on the blue action website, it was so beautiful and stainless.

Posts: 121 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
30/30 AI SSK 14”

"The World Spins Forward"

Posts: 2749 | Location: lake of the ozarks, mo. | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
None. I’ve only sold one, factory 10 in 357 Max and replaced it with an SSK 14 in 357 Max

Posts: 2061 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mountain Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjshell:
30/30 AI SSK 14”

Mine was a re-chamber of a 14” 30-30 to 30-30 AI by SSK.
Should’ve kept that one……

Keith

Posts: 58 | Location: East Tennessee  | Registered: December 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My problem is not being able to make myself sell unused Contender barrels. cry I really do need to move some of mine to a home w/ a more caring and considerate owner.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Crubear
posted Hide Post
Stainless Bullberry 6mmTCU

Posts: 534 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: October 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Life

Picture of Jules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary T:
My problem is not being able to make myself sell unused Contender barrels. cry I really do need to move some of mine to a home w/ a more caring and considerate owner.

I felt the same way 15 years ago but I got overwhelmed. Sold off 9 Contender frames. Barrels I have sold for Contender other then the 2 above are>>>
20" 30 Bellm
20" 358x444 Van Horn
20" VV/Bellm 250Imp
16 1/4" 6x45 OTT
TC 14" 309JDJ Rechamber of 30-30
TC 14" 358JDJ Rechamber of 35rem
TC 14" 444Marlin Rechamber of 44mag
TC 20" 44mag
VV 15" 44mag
TC 8" 44mag and maybe more I just cant remember.
For Encore
TC 20" 243win
TC 20" 270Win
15" 308win OTT

Jules

Posts: 2967 | Location: Va. | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
TC 14” 22lr match. Sold to add funds toward ruger charger. Shoulda just ponied up. Blam

My very first barrel was a TC 14” 222. Like to have it back.

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9425 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
Factory 10” in 6.5 TCU. I guess I sold it because it was too accurate - by now I can’t remember!

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith

Posts: 987 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Stub built stainless fluted 7x47 contender barrel. Not only was I foolish enough to sale it once, but I owned it twice and sold it both times cry

Posts: 142 | Location: Eastern,Pa | Registered: April 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
I had a SSK 338JDJ #2 Stainless with MagnaBreak, 15". It was the best shooting Contender barrel I have owned. I took a lot of game with it.
I'm always on the lookout for another.
Mike
"

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Fessing up:

17 ackley hornet
256 win mag
223 AI
357 max

One I won't miss 460 S&W carbine

"The World Spins Forward"

Posts: 2749 | Location: lake of the ozarks, mo. | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My first barrel. A factory T/C hunter bbl in 375 Win. Deep glossy blue, factory T/C scope on it.

Sigh.

Posts: 903 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: December 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
221 Fireball barrel that Mike at OTT made me from a Remington take off barrel, definitely one of a kind.

G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3024 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FyrepowrX
posted Hide Post
i've been pretty well hooked on TC's a long time, and a whole lot of barrels have come & gone in that time, and some i'm probably forgetting...but, a few that come to mind:

21" tapered carbine in 25/20 win from the TC custom shop

21" stainless .375winchester tapered carbine.

10" SSk chrome 32mag...and a matching barrel in 32/20.

14" SSk in 50/70

14" SSK in 358JDJ

16" tapered factory 45/70 with muzzle brake.

have a few (probably several) that should be re-homed; sold one this week to a member here, but i've gotten to where i have a hard time letting go of some, especially carbines. Have multiple barrels in some calibers which logically i know is a bit redundant, and have no real reason for that other than i just like 'em.

=================================

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies."
Groucho Marx

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”
Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Posts: 7433 | Location: North-Eastern Oklahoma | Registered: September 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
13” 357 max and 414 supermag, both MGM.
10” 7/08 factory TC
15” 308 from SSK
15” 6.5 Rem Mag from MGM.

I don’t think I miss any of the others. Definitely regret selling these, though.

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1837 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsh:
221 Fireball barrel that Mike at OTT made me from a Remington take off barrel, definitely one of a kind.

Now that is neat. Hopefully someone is enjoying it.

Posts: 1837 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jay HHI6818:
None. I’ve only sold one, factory 10 in 357 Max and replaced it with an SSK 14 in 357 Max

The SSK a good shooter? I’ve considered getting a 357 Max from them myself.

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
I had a .257 Roberts that I sold that I would love to have back. It was a 14" and shot great.

Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bobcat
posted Hide Post
I miss my 10" Bullberry .45 Colt and a 10" .22 Hornet that I bought with my first Contender in 1979.

------------------------------
I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
General Robert E. Lee

Posts: 2156 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ttred1956
posted Hide Post
WOW Ya'll tryin to make a fellow CRY. I guess the one I miss the most was a 15 inch Bullberry chambered in 6.5 Super Bower with a SS 15 inch fluted OTT in 20 VarTarg coming in a strong second

Safe shooting
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better

Posts: 1822 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
23" 17 Mach II

Posts: 229 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: January 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Im shocked people sell OTT barrels Slap_Forehead

------------------------

Join the NRA

Posts: 9425 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted Hide Post
I’ve been shooting TC’s for over 25 years, my dad got me hooked on them as a kid. A lot have come and gone over the years, but the one that really comes to mind that I think would have been cool to have back is the first Encore barrel I ever had. I bought the complete pistol as a 10” 7mm-08. It wasn’t efficient at all, and was loud and heavy recoil but it was my first Encore. I still have that frame, I just think it would be cool to have that barrel still…

Chris

Posts: 695 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Predator_huntin:
first Encore barrel I ever had. I bought the complete pistol as a 10” 7mm-08. It wasn’t efficient at all, and was loud and heavy recoil but it was my first Encore. I still have that frame, I just think it would be cool to have that barrel still…

Sounds like my history with the 10” 7/08 I had. Lots of cool factor and I wasn’t concerned about efficiency, just fun. It still killed deer at revolver ranges.

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KYODE:

I haven’t had one. Yet. Hopefully Mike gets things sorted out soon.

posted Hide Post
A lot of barrels have come and gone and I don't really miss most of them. I have started collecting more than selling and have managed to keep some of the special ones. There was a Bullberry 22 Short Contender carbine barrel and a TC Custom Shop 500 S&W Encore carbine barrel that I wish I had back. I sometimes wish I had kept all the parts of the first Contender I bought as a complete SS 22lr pistol together but with switching parts around I'm not completely sure which parts came from that one.

Posts: 1651 | Location: Missouri | Registered: December 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:

Especially this one for me:

Although I'm human and have definitely experienced seller's remorse in the past...

Posts: 760 | Location: Central NH | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Im shocked people sell OTT barrels

I recently sold an OTT barrel, (500 S&W) and the reason was I am unable to shoot that one anymore because of Osteo arthritis in my hands and the right one is the worst. It now takes me right at an hour every morning exercising my right hand to just get it to be able to make a fist. I still have the 460 OTT and the 41-460 OTT that I can still shoot without much pain with their brakes. The biggest problem shooting the 500 was the torque it was doing to my wrist the brake was effective on reducing recoil but not the torque.

So, I wanted it to go to someone who would be able shooting and enjoying it.

Albert
Life Member NRA
Navy Submarine Veteran

Posts: 10764 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Life

Picture of Jules
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mike makes one hell of a barrel for sure. I kept a couple that he made for me. He also made the dies for them. I had the opportunity to visit Mike at his old shop in Dover NH. Hopefully I'll get up there to see his new place. Once I started collecting S&W revolvers everything else took 2nd place.

Jules

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
You get a free pass on that al. Big Grin

------------------------

Join the NRA

Life

Picture of Jules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HotRodAl:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KYODE:
Im shocked people sell OTT barrels

I recently sold an OTT barrel, (500 S&W) and the reason was I am unable to shoot that one anymore because of Osteo arthritis in my hands and the right one is the worst.

Same here Al. I have osteoarthritis and I started getting injections in the base of my right thumb about 5 years ago. I also wear a support glove. Most of mine was from Shooting a Hilti fastener into steel and using a screw gun and impact driver for 35 years not from shooting handguns.

Jules

posted Hide Post
There are times I miss my 20" SS SSK 338 JDJ#2 Barrel. Don't hunt much anymore. That's why I let it go. Close second an 18" TCA custom shop 375 JDJ SS barrel. Neither of those barrels ever let me down even up to include moose when I lived in Alaska.

Posts: 761 | Location: Idaho | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Same here Al. I have osteoarthritis and I started getting injections in the base of my right thumb about 5 years ago. I also wear a support glove. Most of mine was from Shooting a Hilti fastener into steel and using a screw gun and impact driver for 35 years not from shooting handguns.

My issue is similar to yours Jules, mine was caused from using impact tools weighing 40 to 50 lbs with 1 1/2" drives for 40 years and 2" drives that had to be lifted with a crane.

Albert
Life Member NRA
Navy Submarine Veteran

Posts: 10764 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of moe
posted Hide Post
Virgin Valley 12 inch 6TCU first. 30/30 AI TC barrel 14 inch second.

Posts: 1984 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: December 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
10" ss 32-20 (.312) by SSK

Formerly Redle**1B

Posts: 228 | Location: PA | Registered: January 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
ALL OF THEM!!!

Posts: 350 | Location: USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HandCanonShootr
posted Hide Post
Already miss the only barrel sold in last few years, she was a Virgin Valley .223Rem on an Encore. Was a "select" barrel. 15+yrs and it shot under .3moa all the time. Put about 6-7000 rounds thru her, Maybe more. That whole pistol went to another inmate here, sigh...

Mike B

----------------------------
Everything in excess!
To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
Moderation is for monks.

-Lazarus Long

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth—
This was the ancient Law of Youth.
Old times are past, Old days are done:
But the Law runs True, O Little Son!

-Charles T. Davis

Posts: 1526 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: December 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post