Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Break Action Pistols    First of many to come contender’s 7-30 waters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First of many to come contender’s 7-30 waters Login/Join 

posted

New to me 7-30 waters from eds contenders. Advanced weapons technology brake by don fraley
Wonderful job Troll

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Huntertm,

You only live once!

Posts: 67 | Location: Ky | Registered: February 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looks great!

Posts: 1533 | Location: Missouri | Registered: December 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks !!!

You only live once!

Posts: 67 | Location: Ky | Registered: February 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
My friend Tim here might be a lil lesdixic...... I believe that’s ADVANCED WEAPONS TECHNOLOGY. nuts scratch head laugh

Anyway that’s one nice looking brake!! And sweet gun!!

Rusty
—————————
“Dyin ain’t much of a livin”
Josey Wales

Posts: 420 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I kniht ruoy thgir doog gniht I detide ym tsop
Erocneytsurlo laugh

You only live once!

posted Hide Post
Great looking gun!

I have to disagree with your signature, you only die once and you live every day Smile

Posts: 85 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ttred1956
posted Hide Post
Welcome my Friend. You are going down a SLIPPERY road, but just give in and embrace the dark side. No need to fight it. You do not know the power of the Contender.We all have the addiction, just some are in more advanced stages LOL

Safe shooting and ENJOY
Doug

------------------------------
Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better

Posts: 1604 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bobcat
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol! I bought my first Contender in 1979 when I turned 21, a .44 Hot Shot barrel and 10" .30-30 octagon. A 10" .22 Hornet bull barrel soon followed and I have had a love/hate relationship ever since Big Grin furious

I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
General Robert E. Lee

Posts: 1770 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
TTRed. Nice rigs you have there. Roger.

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 316 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
HunterTM. I recently purchased my first Contender. It is also chambered in 7-30 Waters. Im excited about this cartridge since im having a Lee Enfield chambered in the same round. Will shoot my contender for the first time tomorrow. Roger.

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 316 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice.7-30 don't recoil much really won't with that brake.I guess ole Ed is still around bought a few barrels from him.

Posts: 2 | Location: Usa | Registered: January 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks skydivinghunter !!!

You only live once!

posted Hide Post
Thanks ttred1956 I’m afraid I’m in danger big time I’m hooked bad lol
Those are some sweet sweet guns hope mine will look that good some day !!!

You only live once!

posted Hide Post
Lol bobcat right now I have nothing but love for these contenders Troll
Thanks

You only live once!

posted Hide Post
That’s awesome roger !!! You will have to share with me how you did and what
Loads you tried and what grain bullets
Hope you shoot well

You only live once!

posted Hide Post

Roger hope you are as lucky as I am having great buddys to shoot with as seen in one picture
And in the other picture I have the legend Kyote laying hands on my gun so it will shoot true
Lol

You only live once!

posted Hide Post
And for you all that knows kyote what is that strange object he is holding in his hand it Eek

You only live once!

posted Hide Post
Yes 25 bullberry ole Ed is still around
Never shot a 7-30 before and plan on using a
vortex diamondback 4x12x40 rifle scope hoping
the muzzle brake will keep stitch free laugh

You only live once!

Picture of Bobcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huntertm:
Yes 25 bullberry ole Ed is still around
Never shot a 7-30 before and plan on using a
vortex diamondback 4x12x40 rifle scope hoping
the muzzle brake will keep stitch free laugh

You should be okay as long as you remember to back off a little before you pull the trigger.
I look forward to seeing Ed in Tulsa this spring, he always has a bunch of goodies, I think I could spend the entire show digging through his stuff happy

I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
General Robert E. Lee

Posts: 1770 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks bobcat I hope so lol I’d love to see what all goods Ed has too !!!!

You only live once!

posted Hide Post
HunterTM, i did terrible. 140 grain bullet, BL-C (2) powder at 34 gr. Too heavy bullet in my opinion. Im used to shooting 65-100 gr with my 6mm's. it felt like shooting an olive or marble down range. didnt like how it shot at all. This is a new firearm and a new cartridge for me so maybe it just takes getting used to. I will be loading my next shoot to a 100ish bullet. Nice looking rigs in the pic by the way. hope it was fun. Roger.

Navy Chief. Retired.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger Davis:
HunterTM, i did terrible. 140 grain bullet, BL-C (2) powder at 34 gr. Too heavy bullet in my opinion. Im used to shooting 65-100 gr with my 6mm's. it felt like shooting an olive or marble down range. didnt like how it shot at all. This is a new firearm and a new cartridge for me so maybe it just takes getting used to. I will be loading my next shoot to a 100ish bullet. Nice looking rigs in the pic by the way. hope it was fun. Roger.

You will have it figured out in no time roger !!!just got mine all scoped up and ready to start on
Some reloads. I still have to prep my brass and buy some bullets , going to start out with h4895
Somewhere Between 30.0 up to 35.0 increase by .5 each time. Going to try some Sierra Pro-Hunter
120 Grain Spitzer bullets. let me know when you figure it out thanks

You only live once!

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
That’s one sweet looking gun!! I love the three ring setup! Can’t wait to see how it does with that brake and rifle scope. Cool

Rusty
—————————
“Dyin ain’t much of a livin”
Josey Wales

Posts: 420 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Olrustyencore:
That’s one sweet looking gun!! I love the three ring setup! Can’t wait to see how it does with that brake and rifle scope. Cool

Thanks olrustyencore we will have to try it it soon Troll

You only live once!