Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Break Action Pistols    THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A G1!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A G1!!!!! Login/Join 

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted
There's a Contender and a G2 (and I believe the correct name is Contender G2).

Is it just me? It's like calling a magazine a clip!

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19360 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Drives me nuts. But, there are a lot that dont know difference in contender/encore also.
N

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9288 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of deerstalker
posted Hide Post
And then there's Tender..

Posts: 308 | Location: United States | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
The G1 thing doesn’t bother nearly as bad as the magazine/clip thing. I have to bite my lip every time some says clip..... I want to correct them but I don’t want to sound like a know it all either..... hammer

Rusty
—————————
“Dyin ain’t much of a livin”
Josey Wales

Posts: 525 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
It's sort of like calling a bullet, a boolit.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6929 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
"G1" bugs the heck out of me every time I read or hear it.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 4290 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
One of my peeves is calling the bolts a lug or lugs when the lug is welded to the barrel.

Albert
Life Member NRA
Navy Submarine Veteran

Posts: 10455 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bobcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
There's a Contender and a G2 (and I believe the correct name is Contender G2).

Is it just me? It's like calling a magazine a clip!

Right there with ya brother! Just one in a long list of things I see that I have to make myself ignore.

I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
General Robert E. Lee

Posts: 1956 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
but you know exactly what people mean when they say G1...

Posts: 1570 | Location: Missouri | Registered: December 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
When I sale a barrel/forend I list it as fitting the Contender/G2. Without fail I have people wanting to know if it will fit a G1. Dead Horse

Posts: 3286 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Drives me nuts.
There was N-E-V—E-R a G1 until there was a G2 puke

Lugs vs bolts
Clips vs magazines

Both get the same result from me, like fingernails on a chalk board.

Ops, those that don’t know what a chalk board is probably know what a G1 or a clip is laugh

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 2899 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Doesn't bother me at all..... happy
Not worth getting stressed over

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
SEB Coaxial Front Rest - Dealer
http://sebrests-usa.com/
http://www.sebrests.com/
SP's by Mac's Gunworks, H-S Precision, Holland's, Aaron Alexander, Chris Rhodes, & Nine Run Gun

Posts: 11980 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deerstalker:
And then there's Tender..
Yea, not a fan of that either.

quote:
Originally posted by magman:
It's sort of like calling a bullet, a boolit.
That guy don't hang out here anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Scott:
but you know exactly what people mean when they say G1...
Still don't make it right!

quote:
Originally posted by Ernie:
Not stressing, merely pointing out a lack of education. We must educate! No different than educating people who think a handgun can only shot 25 yards accurately.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Magnum Mike,

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19360 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ttred1956
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ernie:

Ernie my friend you made me smile. While I understand everyone's frustration I have to agree with Ernie. When the DR. said seven years ago "Your Wife is cancer FREE" the first chance I got I hit my knees and made a promise, not to sweat the small stuff. She is still cancer FREE (Thank you God) and while I fail sometime I do my best to keep my promise.

Not trying to rain on your thread. I consider you all my family and love and respect you all (Well most of you LOL). Just my 2cents
Safe Shooting
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better

Posts: 1681 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am with Ernie and Doug on this one. As long as I know what it is that's all that matters.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Flyrod,

Stan

Posts: 49 | Location: Anderson sc | Registered: April 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Does everyone complaining about this small issue know the correct name for every part in every firearm they own? Doubtful.

As long as everyone understands what’s being talked about who cares.....

If someone says their clip won’t feed in their pistol.....I still know what they are talking about...

Owner
Bayside Custom Gunworks
www.baysidecustomgunworks.com

Posts: 3739 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A Mouser action, always cracks me up laugh

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 2899 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Most of my Biden moments are caused by thinking one thing and the wrong file opens and I start typing before my brain is in gear. Usually come too about 2AM, while I am contemplating the mystery of life!

Give old guys a break...... everybody is trying to get there. Roll Eyes

Bill

Posts: 69 | Location: WNY | Registered: January 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter to me.
I don't know what to think most of the time anyway.

Posts: 83 | Location: Missouri | Registered: June 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does everyone complaining about this small issue know the correct name for every part in every firearm they own? Doubtful.

As long as everyone understands what’s being talked about who cares.....

If someone says their clip won’t feed in their pistol.....I still know what they are talking about...

True, in forums it’s communication which matters. Bad grammar/spelling used to bother me, but now I don’t go postal when I read “I can’t bare that theirs no bullets inna mi lockal gun store!” because I know what he means, that’s what matters. With all that’s going on in the world today, I don’t have the emotional bandwidth to sweat the small stuff.

Posts: 853 | Location: Valley of the Sun | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Crubear
posted Hide Post
Most of us use g 1 because of the G2 designation...

Now make it more fun

Do you have an early frame with full etching or partial etching?
Which version of the hammer does it have?
Front hinge, easy open, or the conversion?
If conversion, do you have the original trigger guard?

And finally, they're locking bolts, not bolts. Contenders don't have a bolt.

Smile

Posts: 529 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: October 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My pet peeve has long been the misunderstanding of Point Blank Range. I cringe every time the media says it.

====================

"Preach the Gospel. Even use words if you have to."

Posts: 1923 | Location: SW MO | Registered: November 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Stressed or complaining ....not really. Just noting things that bug us. I bet there are lots of people that get “bugged” about this that n the other.

Spelling doesn’t bother me much. If they get close enough, i can understand. I hope that never keeps people from posting. Typing on phones can be tricky also.

------------------------

Join the NRA

Posts: 9288 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Welp, you hillbillies type with a funny accent. Smile

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6929 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
"Can't we just all get along "!!!!! HA-HA

Posts: 138 | Location: pacific northwest | Registered: January 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
You “aint” wrong tim laugh

------------------------

Join the NRA

posted Hide Post
It is human nature to do such things. They will call it as they want no matter if it is wrong. There are countless examples of this and while it drives me crazy, but sometimes I think that talking about it is Dead Horse

As an engineer, I see that a lot, practically every da, wrong terms being used. Some of those are so extreme and so dumb but I guess people are allowed to be like that Big Grin

Posts: 184 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of rickt301
posted Hide Post
Well I am not as easily peeved as you guys having used the term "First Generation" many times to denote the difference from a Contender and a G2. The deal is so many people don't have a clue so you have to help them out.

Posts: 85 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by magman:
Welp, you hillbillies type with a funny accent. Smile

Tim, I resemble that remark.

The reference to the contender vs G2 thing doesn't really bother me much. The Boolit and the magazine vs clip thing kind of does. None of these bother me as much as some very often seen things that are non-gun related. I'm sure I post things sometimes that cause others to cringe so I try to just chill out.

Bruce.

Posts: 993 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Got 4 G2’s no clips or G?.

Posts: 13 | Location: michigan | Registered: January 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Laughed when I saw this

laugh

Posts: 1932 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jay HHI6818:
Laughed when I saw this

laugh

Yep, he has run with the G 1 labeling. Part of the reason many are confused enough to think a G 1 exists.

As a side note, why is G 1, being censored here when the G and the 1 are placed right together?

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1660 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post