Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Break Action Pistols    What is best load for 7-30 waters 14” barrel +brake
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is best load for 7-30 waters 14” barrel +brake Login/Join 

posted
I am mainly going to use this for deer hunting.what are some of your
Favorite loads and bullet combos. A boy I bought my died from suggested
Imr 4895 33.5 grns 120 nosier bt cci large rifle primer. And what are some
of your best groups with it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Huntertm,

You only live once!

Posts: 69 | Location: Ky | Registered: February 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bbybee
posted Hide Post
I have several 7-30 Waters in a Winchester M94, Contender (rifle and pistol length barrels), and a 24" Encore Rifle.

AA 2460 Has always given me top velocity and accuracy in each of these barrels.

IMR 4320 is "almost" as good.

Bbybee

Posts: 159 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I use a T/C super 14 with the factory brake on a contender pistol frame. 34.0 grains of IMR 4064 under a 120 grain Hornady V-Max is my go to hunting load. I prime mine with Federal large pistol primers. My pistol will fire with any primer used during warm weather but Federals LPs are the only way I can insure ignition on days below freezing in my set up. I've missed two opportunities on nice bucks in the past do to hammer strike not setting off the primer in really cold weather. Not sure of the true issue in my pistol just know that with the softer Federals I haven't had that problem.

Posts: 146 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: May 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Nosler 120gr BT and Hornady 139gr SST with Varget shoots under 1” groups all day from a good rest at 100 yards all day.

Posts: 130 | Location: NEPA | Registered: November 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post