Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Lone Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MGM Brake Effective? Login/Join 

Picture of Left Hand Dave
posted
Has anyone used the brake MGM offers on a boomer? Looking for real world experience preferably with straight wall cases. Still thinking about an Encore .444 pistol barrel. Let me know what you know.
Dave

Posts: 444 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
I personally don't have one with an MGM brake but have shot a 15" MGM with brake 460 S&W, the only other 460 I've shot with a brake is a 15" OTT 460 S&W while the MGM brake is not quite as effective as the OTT brake it still tames the recoil nicely, you get a some back thrust with very little barrel rise.

Albert
------------------------------
Life Member NRA
Navy Submarine Veteran

Posts: 10673 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FyrepowrX
posted Hide Post
i have MGM brakes on barrels they made in .357herrett, a .411x444 , and a .375win....seems to work fairly well.

=================================

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies."
Groucho Marx

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”
Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Posts: 7335 | Location: North-Eastern Oklahoma | Registered: September 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Left Hand Dave
posted Hide Post
HotRodAl, FyrepowrX, Thanks for the input still rolling this around in my head and it’s nice to get real world intell.

Posts: 444 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post