Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Lone Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Loading Trays Login/Join 

posted
Hey guys,
I'm familiar w/ all the usual phrases that apply. "You get what you pay for." "There's no free lunch." "If it sounds to good to be true, it is." Despite all that, I'm going to provide you a source for FREE handloading trays. I wish I could take credit for this idea, but a nurse gave it to me >25 years ago. It was given to her by another Dr. (who's an avid bandleader) in a nearby hospital. I don't know why I didn't think to share this years ago. hammer

If you've ever had blood drawn, it was drawn into 4-5 small tubes, each w/ a different colored top. The Needle stays in your vein while the different tubes are inserted into a device holding the needle. Since the tubes have a vacuum in them, the blood is automatically pulled into the tube. The system is called a "Vaacu-tainer." The small tubes (they have various diameters) are shipped #100 at a time in styrofoam trays, one on the top and one on the bottom of the tubes. The styrofoam trays make a dandy loading tray. The trays are thrown away after the tubes they hold are used. If you know someone who works in a clinic or hospital lab, ask them to get you a couple of the various size.

Here's a pic of my new trays on the left (notice the slightly different diameters) next to the original, 25 year old try on the right.

Enjoy one of the good free things life will ever give you. thumbup

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1303 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, my daughter is an RN, might have to have a chat with her.

Thanks for the heads up.

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6373 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post