Specialty Pistols
Looking for a chassis stock

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4046077864/m/5940026896

October 09, 2020, 09:19 AM
K9TXS
Looking for a chassis stock
Remington 700 S/A, LH

I'm currently using an ARS stock that weighs a little over 5 lbs. While this stock works very well, it's not really what I'm look for on my SP. First there's the weight and secondly it's bulky.

The stocks I've looked at so far are the MDT line, McRees, Pork Sword and Elf Owl.

I'm shooting a 20 Vartarg and .223 so neither one has any recoil to speak of, so a heavy weight stock like the ARS is not needed. The SP is mostly used for light hunting, sage rats, PD, etc. and general paper punching and some steel. I have a bipod, but not being a prone shooter, I've never used it. I shoot off my tripod or rotating bench with a bag.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
October 12, 2020, 06:30 PM
Predator_huntin
You might get Magnum Mike to move this to the Bolt Pistols Forum as it may get more attention there versus here in the Optics forum...

Chris
October 12, 2020, 09:18 PM
Sawcarver
If you hunt off your tripod I would make sure you chasis fits on it. Like if you use a pig saddle/claw make sure there is a good spot to clamp it. Or a Arca/swiss rail make sure it can mount where you want it. I had a MDT LSS and it was too short of a forend to fit a rail and a bipod on it.

MDT LSS XL is long enough for my needs. Its also fairly light. I know you said you dont use a bipod but the forend comes up to the barrel after the magazine so a normal 6-9" bipod doesnt work well have to use a 9-13" its not as stable then. But your sandbags would be similar.

McRee G7 is heavier and more rigid. I prefer it over the MDT.