Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: Lone Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuzz Rest **Picture ADDED** Login/Join 

Picture of ttred1956
posted
Are these rest still available for purchase? Does anyone have contact info for maker. If you own one how do you like it.
Thanks
Doug

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ttred1956,

------------------------------
Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better

jpg

Posts: 1821 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
own 2 of them work great
nmhunter
pm XP fuzz here on sp he makes them

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I love my Fuzz Rest, Cayle (XPFuzz) does a great job with them, he made mine with an expandable center beam so that it'll work great with center grip, rear grip, contenders, encores and even some rifles.

Posts: 1162 | Location: California | Registered: November 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of captain John
posted Hide Post
They are a work of art, Beautiful machining that not only looks good but works well. I ordered two of them a few years back because both of my sons are shooters also, I didn't want them fighting over mine when I'm dead.
Unfortunately Cayle said he wasn't going to build anymore. Maybe things have changed, but if not they do come up for sale now and again. Good luck ! Thanks again Cayle

IHMSA Industry Director
IHMSA Region 5 Director
Minnesota State IHMSA Director
IHMSA 39199Life
NRA life Member

Posts: 413 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ttred1956
posted Hide Post
I sent Cayle (XPFuzz) an email and am waiting on a response. Hope he has changed his mind and is building again. If not I will have to look for a used one.
Thanks for all the input. If anyone has a lead on one please let me know.
Doug

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ttred1956,

jpg

Posts: 1821 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I wanted one but he quit making them before I got around to getting one. When ever they come up for sale I always seem to have just depleted the fun money on something else.

Bruce

Posts: 1087 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
It's a shame if they are no longer available but if that is the case maybe he would be willing to sell his blueprints to someone with the time and equipment to make them again? There seems to be an ongoing demand for them and this site has numerous members with the skill needed to produce these from some of the various items I have seen posted. Just my 2cents worth.

Posts: 943 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of captain John
posted Hide Post
Have you heard anything from XP100 on building you a rest ?

IHMSA Industry Director
IHMSA Region 5 Director
Minnesota State IHMSA Director
IHMSA 39199Life
NRA life Member

Posts: 413 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ttred1956
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard a word. Will post here if I do. Come on Fuzz make one more run for the folks at SP

Thanks
Doug

posted Hide Post
I bought one of his personal used rests and I will say every shooter that sees it wants it. NOT FOR SALE...Best rest on the planet...
Mike

-----------------------------------
Imagine That

Posts: 406 | Location: kansas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted Hide Post
I`m still making a few on a limited basis,just email me and don`t get in a hurry for one..Hunting season is just around the corner and I`ll be gone for about a month..Thanks for the kind word guys..

The Wind is your Friend,,,RIGHT...
Cayle

Posts: 4099 | Location: USA-CommyCountry,, IL | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ttred1956
posted Hide Post
happy happy happy

posted Hide Post
Isn't this an fuzz rest

http://m.****.com/itm/Heavy-Cu...fb4ab9%257Ciid%253A6

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jay HHI6818,

Posts: 2060 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Can't open the link Jay.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot in front of everyone here- How are you fastening your front bags to the top of your Fuzz rest non windage top? The screws on mine are to big to go thru the grommets on all my Protektor bags. I hate to take a punch and try to stretch the inside of the brass grommet bigger so I have just been tying them on with the shoe strings the bags. Its not the best as they slide around, sure wish I would have gotten the windage adjustable top.

Posts: 1600 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jay HHI6818:
Isn't this an fuzz rest

http://m.****.com/itm/Heavy-Cu...fb4ab9%257Ciid%253A6

I do believe that is one version of a Fuzz Rest.

Iowa Fox in your browser you have to replace **** with a popular auction site name for it to work.

Bruce

Posts: 1087 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction Bruce. I don't think that's one of Cayle's. But, didn't Ray Prager have a red extendable that looked like that that Cayle made for him?

Posts: 1600 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Iowa Fox:
Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction Bruce. I don't think that's one of Cayle's. But, didn't Ray Prager have a red extendable that looked like that that Cayle made for him?

The one for sale may not be his I'm not sure but I do remember one very similar being posted on here and listed as a Fuzz rest.

Bruce

posted Hide Post
quote:
The one for sale may not be his I'm not sure but I do remember one very similar being posted on here and listed as a Fuzz rest.

Yes & that's when I should have bought it.

Posts: 534 | Location: ndbbm | Registered: January 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Iowa Fox:Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction Bruce. I don't think that's one of Cayle's. But, didn't Ray Prager have a red extendable that looked like that that Cayle made for him?

I did build a few that were interchangeable but I really didn`t like them and they were a PITA to make so I quit them.

The Wind is your Friend,,,RIGHT...
Cayle

Posts: 4099 | Location: USA-CommyCountry,, IL | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ttred1956
posted Hide Post
Just received the following email:

Doug,rest is on the way. happy

Feel like a Kid waiting on Christmas morning
Thanks again Cayle
Doug

posted Hide Post
Received mine today!!! It is very well made! This should be a lot of fun to use.

Posts: 9 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ttred1956
posted Hide Post
Christmas in October. I am now the proud owner of a Fuzz Rest. Kinda reminds me of an episode of Any Griffith when Opie said "Aint it a Beaut Pa" Now if I can get some bags (not really sure what I NEED) Always use home made sandbags. I guess I will have to learn

Safe shooting and merry Christmas to ALL

Thanks again Cayle
Doug

posted Hide Post
Happy for you ttred1956. Any chance of posting a pic for us? I enjoy seeing the the rests and some of the changes along the way. Had mine for about 5 years now. When I was at the MOA a couple years ago two shooters were using rests just like mine. I don't know if they were Cayle's or they made them themselves.

Picture of ttred1956
posted Hide Post
Will post pictures as soon as I have time to assemble it.
Safe shooting
Doug