Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 TCM Prairie Dogger? Login/Join 

posted
Anybody ever think of building one up yet (hello Ernie and Aaron, et al)? Be interesting to see what say a 60 gr. TMK would do out to ??? yds. Thinking maybe 2800ish out of 17-18" barrel. What say y'all?

Steve

Posts: 2643 | Location: Pueblo, CO USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
How about a 221 fireball?

Posts: 4016 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
You can just barely get 2800fps from a 221 FB and 60 grainers with a 24" barrel and the TCM is just about half the length of the 221.

Albert
------------------------------
Life Member NRA
Navy Submarine Veteran

Posts: 10769 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Snake Reaper
posted Hide Post
How about a 224 vailkyier.

Posts: 173 | Location: Georgia | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have thought about one. I think it'd be neat. Build one with a 6.5 or 7 twist and let us know Steve!

Aaron

Posts: 2755 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
May have to consider the 221 FB. Good idea Chris!

Steve

Posts: 2643 | Location: Pueblo, CO USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sscoyote:
May have to consider the 221 FB. Good idea Chris!
With light bullets it'd likely be great for pasture poodles. For woodchuck, it's a little light. I used a 221, handgun, for several years on chucks and unless you cns hit them, they'd more than likely make it back to the hole. The TCM is one that interested me also, thought it'd make a good small game gun. Squirrels and rabbits don't take to perforation well at all...but can't use anything but a rimfire in PA on small game so it's a moot point. Sad

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19906 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Snake Reaper
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about doing a 224 v after I get my 300 wsm done. Prob go with a 1.7 twist in a 15 to 16 in heavy barrel. It will prob be in several months . Use it for coyotes and maybe some deer with the heavier bullet loads. We will just have to see .

Posts: 173 | Location: Georgia | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good stuff, thks. guys!

Steve