Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Striker 338/375 Ruger Login/Join 

posted
Just came across this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzbe2FqxvAk

momentum is everything

Posts: 131 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: January 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
I have seen this video before. I think a pretty good set up. To be able to use a rifle scope on a large round like that is great. For a pack in heavy round for large animals I feel they have a real winner!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm impressed by the brake - didn't even wobble the camera. BUT the trouble with large animals is the packing them out. Even when I was young and fit, packing out an mountain elk was exhausting. Now, I have to factor in the cost of a charter helicopter to get in and (especially) out Sad

Posts: 131 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: January 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
I would agree! I just could never see hauling in a really heavy rifle. At that time every ounce counts.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
oh yeah - I went through packing in a heavy rifle, and now am quite content with my chest-carry 375 JDJ Contender - I'm good with PBR to about 250 - which is about all I need for meat; but I'll take pokes beyond that at varmint just to see how Mr.Magoo I'm getting Smile