Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xp 100 Safety Login/Join 

posted
My buddy recently picked up a custom XP 100. Actually he wasn't even sure of what it was other than an XP100 since he had one many years ago in .221 fireball that he sold and regretted.
He called to tell me about it ad while explaining it he said some body stamped it H?K. I asked him to look a little close and make sure that it might be SSK and not whatever he said. (he's mid 60's and has bad near vision) He had his grandson look and said he though I was right with it being an SSK. I couldn't believe he had never heard of SSK!! I told him he got lucky in his 'gunshow' find.

It has a custom stock and what I felt were custom sights that the previous owner must have used for IMSA.

Making a short story long, he told it has a weird stock in that the trigger hole in the stock is not open. The other issue is it is missing the safety.
I told him to just get one from Numrich but apparently they are no longer available. Calling Remington was a big shock, as I think he said they wanted nearly $200!!

Anyone have an idea of where he might get one for a reasonable cost? He is located in western SC and maybe someone knows of a gunsmith in his area that could help.

Thank you!

Posts: 7 | Location: Deep Woods | Registered: January 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
WWhunter,

first of all welcome to SP.

You need to get some pics or better information since if it's a custom XP it may not have a factory trigger and no safety will work. Is it a center grip or rear grip? If rear grip then it's possible Remington would do the trigger since it's just a model seven. I also believe someone misinformed your friend at Remington if a center grip i'm pretty sure they do not have the safeties either and if they do they would want to install it.

Pictures are worth a thousand words and will really help in answering your question.

Rick

Posts: 3551 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Wheelgun Aficionado

Picture of 6 shot
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I have a spare one. PM me tomorrow, I don't think I can PM you.

Dick

Posts: 929 | Location: Soda Springs, Idaho | Registered: June 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Dick PM's are only for paying subscribers. You can look in a person public profile for there email address, (if posted) to contact them.

Rick

Posts: 3551 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Wheelgun Aficionado

Picture of 6 shot
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rick,

Dick

Posts: 929 | Location: Soda Springs, Idaho | Registered: June 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Wheelgun Aficionado

Picture of 6 shot
posted Hide Post
Well, no email address,

Dick

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!! My buddy isn't the savviest when it comes to photo's. He tried to send me one via text, but it didn't work. I am thinking, the way he described the pistol, it may have a Fagen (?) stock. Maybe more of a center type. I will try and call him again to check.

my emai is im_planecrazy at hotmail dot com

Thanks again,
Keith

Posts: 7 | Location: Deep Woods | Registered: January 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shaggy357
posted Hide Post
Keep poking him for photos. If it is a stock center grip trigger without the safety, it can easily be replaced. I might even have the parts in one of my boxes. There were several stock makers that did not open the trigger access all the way. I opened up all of mine.

In the mean time, the best safety is not closing the bolt on a live cartridge. Happy to help with more info.

Steve Smile
---------------------------------
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"

Posts: 1933 | Location: Washington  | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post