Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We Ain't In Kansas Anymore Toto Login/Join 

Picture of Nitemann
posted
Picked up a new to me 6.5BR XP from BCinKS (Brandon) last week. Mounted up a Burris 3x9 I had laying around, loaded up some 100gr Nosler B-tips to blow the Kansas dust out of the barrel and went to the range this morning. Looks like she's going to like the mild Arizona winters. Hopefully use her on a javelina later this winter. Thanks again Brandon.

Rick

Posts: 3523 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
That's a nice one and a shooter!!! Congrats!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Sweet rig!

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice.Bet it will shoot even better once that dust gets cleaned out of the barrel. Smile
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 631 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Glad you like it. It shoots 130's just as good.

Posts: 130 | Location: KANSAS | Registered: August 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
nice pick up

Scott

Posts: 557 | Location: Goodyear,Arizona | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Nice!!

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
very nice !! look out little piggy's
nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Got any of that Kansas dust you can send me? I have a couple of barrels I need to condition. Big Grin

Bruce

Posts: 1087 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of captain John
posted Hide Post
Yup, that should work. Nice group

IHMSA Industry Director
IHMSA Region 5 Director
Minnesota State IHMSA Director
IHMSA 39199Life
NRA life Member

Posts: 413 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That is a great looking XP!

Posts: 140 | Location: northeast GA | Registered: September 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
Woa!!! She's a keeper!

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nitemann

The money from the Encore must have been burning a hole in your pocket

Mark

Posts: 299 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mark those funds were already heading to Kansas when we met up. Sometimes you got to let things go to get other things you want. Did you get a deer or just the piggies in TX?

Rick

Posts: 3523 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitemann:
quote:

Mark those funds were already heading to Kansas when we met up. Sometimes you got to let things go to get other things you want. Did you get a deer or just the piggies in TX?

Rick

Three pigs no deer. I saw deer but there were cattle in the way and they spooked the deer.
I was bad and use a rifle. Two were shot with the 44 on a 06 case cut to 1.8".

Mark

Posts: 299 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Ex cellent Mark thumbup
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nitemann, Nice looking gun and great shooting! thumbup What kind of velocities do you get from the 100 and 130 gr bullets??

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1670 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
I have not chronographed it yet so not sure. You might try sending BCinKS and email to see if he ever checked it as I purchased it from him.

Rick

posted Hide Post
Very nice rig. Is that a pistol scope on it?
Dave

Posts: 21 | Location: KC, MO | Registered: November 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is that a pistol scope on it?

Yes, it's an older 3x9 Burris. One of my all time favorite pistol scopes.

Rick