Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Bolt Action, Falling Block & Rotary Breech Pistols    Xp 100 is getting close.......now complete with link to pics!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xp 100 is getting close.......now complete with link to pics! Login/Join 

Picture of KYODE
posted
Been waiting years to get my xp built. Gotta make the move! Im getting old. laugh

Mcmillan stock is coming. Talked to my gunsmith today,who has a shop maybe 10 miles from me( don fraley/advanced weapons technology in russell ky ). he builds his own brake. So getting a brake and cap to cover threads when i dont want to brake it. Gonna do a shilen 8” twist .243 With heavy varmint taper....i guess its called.

He builds all kinds of stuff. I sat there and looked at an amazing rifle he had built. Made me want to go back to school n be a dr or lawyer. laugh cry

Gotta come up with half up front and balance upon completion. I think i can, i think i can O

So excited i had to tell somebody. Red Face

https://www.awtllc.net/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KYODE,

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9428 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Kyode thumbup thumbup thumbupfantastic. thumbup
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
About time Kyle. Get the money from under your mattress. Blow the cobwebs outta your wallet. You can do it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: magman,

Tim
------------------------------

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6994 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!! Can't wait to see it!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on starting your new XP. Keep us informed and photos posted.
That should be a shooter. I'm leaning toward a .243 in my next build. I have a stock, barrel, and scope.

Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Keep us updated!! thumbup

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Love both of my .243's good choice. Can't wait to see it.
Derek >>>------>

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
Good for you! You've been talkin about it for awhile now. Glad to hear, bud.

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1837 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Another notch closer! Dropped off at the gunsmith today.

If barrel is in stock at maker.....5-6 weeks, maybe less.

------------------------

Join the NRA

Posts: 9428 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see it, Kyle!

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Don fraley the gunsmith is just waiting on the barrel to come in. He said it was in stock at shilen but hadnt received it yet. He will start when it arrives.....then just a matter of minutes. Well....he didnt say minutes. Thats what i envision. laugh

------------------------

Join the NRA

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Congrats Kyle, you're going to wish you'd taken the plunge years ago and you're going to love the 243!!

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
thumbup thumbup

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good for you Kyle. I hope to get my first build start this week. Well get it sent off and get the wheels rolling anyway.

Bruce

Posts: 1091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jJC7miNh9L0dmNxt2

Xp100

------------------------

Join the NRA

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Xp100 complete! Pics in link in post above!

16” + brake by AWT , 243win, 8” twist shilen hand select #7 contour, mcmillan stock, egw 0moa base, leupold vx3i 4.5-14x40 riflescope with varmint hunter reticle in leupold prw rings.

Some may not have set yours up this way....but thats ok....its not yours. laugh laugh

Just stayed with factory remington trigger. Pulls at 14ozs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KYODE,

------------------------

Join the NRA

posted Hide Post
Looks sharp!

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That really turned out Nice. Can't wait for the range report.

Jon

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Iowa Fox,

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Gator T/C
posted Hide Post
Good looking pistol! Congratulations

Brad

Contender 22LR, 17MachII, 17HMR, .223(SSK), 6mm Gator, 6TCU, 6mmJDJ(Van Horn), 25x47(Coyote), 6.5 JDJ(SSK), 7x47(SSK),308 Bellm, .338 SSK Woodswalker (2),358 Bellm, 375Win, 375 JDJ(SSK), 45/70(SSK), 45/70 (VanHorn), 50-70(SSK)
Encore .243, 7mm–08, 300WM(15-1/4"), 50-90(MGM, 14"), 50–110 (MGM), .50ML(16")
XP-100 .223, .223AI, 6mm204Imp, .243AI, 6BR
XP-7 .223,.243,.300Blackout, .300RSAUM
XP-700SA .22LR, .243
XP-700LA .25/06, .270AI, .300WM,.338 Lapua, .510 Whisper

Posts: 1244 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: January 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Great looking pistol!!! thumbup You're going to wish you'd taken the plunge earlier now! Big Grin

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It turned out great Kyle I can't wait to hear about how it shoots.

Bruce

Posts: 1091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Kyle thumbup thumbupthat is an awesome looking XP
You have let us know what bullet u end up using. You did good
Nmhunter

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellers!
Just seen i spelled brake el wrongo. I will edit to fix. I know the difference. Wink

Bipod is stolen off my factory ruger charger. I thought it would work for pics at minimum. Heck i might try it out on the bench.

If anyone has thoughts of how you would do different, or ideas for your own, i would like to hear.

Im pretty happy!....heavy on the pretty. Big Grin

------------------------

Join the NRA

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
WooHoo, Kyle. If it shoots half as good as it looks you got a real winner.

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of taxy-man
posted Hide Post
Nice xp, and the less than two month turn around is hard to beat.

Posts: 43 | Location: the not so wonderful state of Ca. | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
It probably could have been faster than that. I told him i was in no hurry and he was gone to shot show all last week.

------------------------

Join the NRA

Picture of Dekker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! that's a good looking rig.

Posts: 2349 | Location: Illinois / USA | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Turned out great! So what's your next one going to be? devil

Rick

Posts: 3533 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Lol! I would LIKE to have another one. Id like to have a small boltface.....probably 223 8” twist, or a 6mm/223.
Wanted one for many many years. Got it! A lot of things had to take place to get here. scratch head

------------------------

Join the NRA

Picture of Rodent
posted Hide Post
WOW !!

Another fine looking XP.

MIke

Piedmont Sportsman Club
IHMSA #27115
NRA #146349408
EMT-B

Posts: 4075 | Location: Rochelle, Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KYODE:
He will start when it arrives.....then just a matter of minutes. Well....he didnt say minutes. Thats what i envision. laugh

Gunsmiths don't use that word. Substitute weeks (or months) instead. brick

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3510 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
So Kyle,

you shoot that new toy yet or are you still fondling and drooling over it drool

Rick

Posts: 3533 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Nope.....still droolin here. Aint that pitiful nuts ohboy

Every day at work, someone asks me if ive shot it yet. scratch head

I guess im just waiting until a really good time, when its not raining or muddy, i feel slightly energetic, or im off work with no other distractions. Im a moron like that. Pretty picky i guess.

I have cleaned the barrel and picked up 2 boxes of factory ammo in Federal 80gr and 100gr. Just today i found a lb of H4350. Local shop had been dry on that. Ill likely try that, maybe varget or H4895, or even IMR4350.

I must be patient and strong willed Blam......or just retarded.

------------------------

Join the NRA

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
https://photos.app.goo.gl/G6jFXmEinbwmkM4B2

Put a few shots thru it yesterday. Got sight in close and fired its first 3 shot group @100. 100gr federal factory ammo. Had that 3rd shot been in there...... drool hammer

------------------------

Join the NRA

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Kyle be hooked now happy

Just wait till your barrel break in is over and you have some custom handloads to feed it. Great group either way with factory ammo.

Rick