Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

do I really need it Login/Join 

posted
I have been watching an XP in 7br for awhile. I already have one, price to me is way low, comes with Fajen laminated stock, scope base and Sillywet open sights at less than 600 dollars. Am leaning toward a road trip. What says the SP clan, yea or nay??

Posts: 124 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bobcat
posted Hide Post
What does need have to do with it? Big Grin

------------------------------
I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
General Robert E. Lee

Posts: 2156 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I would go check it out …… with 600$ in my pocket.

Posts: 467 | Location: Central east coast Florida.  | Registered: November 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Might as well buy it.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6994 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
You haven't left yet?!?!?!!

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19878 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Go!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Its common sense. Kinnda like no other choice.

We shuda had pics by now scratch head

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9425 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Not a good question to ask this bunch. Have you bought it yet, what's the holdup? HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy

Posts: 399 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Going tomorrow to check it out, will let all know how it goes. Not sure can post pics but will attempt if deal goes thru. Been watching this gun for a couple months, even told owner if he has trouble selling to post it here, figured at his price it wouldnt last long. Road trip tomorrow!

Posts: 124 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Id get it. They aren't making them anymore and if you don't want another 7br it would be easy to rebarrel or rechamber.

Mike

Posts: 128 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: April 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 44MAG
posted Hide Post
Go for it -- 7BR is a lot of fun and you can always use more than one to modify it for different needs. If you get it load it and shoot it.

Steve

Posts: 140 | Location: WA | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Made the road trip and brought the 7br home to the herd. If someone is in need of a Bomar rear sight and a hooded post front sight let me know, a scope will be going on the latest 7.

posted Hide Post
Good for you

Posts: 1607 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
How much for the xp sights? allen44mag@aol.com

Posts: 1384 | Location: Madison Ms | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Glad you got it , wise decision on your part ! thumbup thumbup

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
Glad you got it. Is buying a gun ever the wrong decision??? Cool

Rusty
—————————
“Dyin ain’t much of a livin”
Josey Wales

Posts: 598 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Lone Hunter
posted Hide Post
So where are the pics? Get us all stirred up and then nothing!

Posts: 3563 | Location: Smithfield,NC | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Let's be honest, we only really need up to a few guns, everything beyond that is because we love it and it makes life easier Smile and because we can.

Wife/gf will say "You bought another gun?!" no matter we really need it or not, no need to worry about that.

And yes, post some photos!

Mladen

Posts: 268 | Location: North WY | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm glad you gave that XP a good home! Big Grin

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks for the support, have tried to do the pic thing here and just not pc savy enough to get it done, took off the bomar open sights and now has a 3x9 Burris on it, will take it to the range soon. May send one of the 7br's off and have it turned into something else, just not sure what direction to go.
thanks again

posted Hide Post
Nice! Glad you got it!

7BR is a nice round. I used mine this past season to take a doe using the Nosler 150gr Accubond LR bullet. Worked excellent.

I've got way too much money tied up in my first XP-100 (traded a Browning Abolt and a Zeiss scope...), so it's at it's forever home.

$600 is a reasonable price for these in my opinion. Congrats!

What are you considering doing to one of the other 7BR's?

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1591 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lonegle57:
thanks for the support, have tried to do the pic thing here and just not pc savy enough to get it done, took off the bomar open sights and now has a 3x9 Burris on it, will take it to the range soon. May send one of the 7br's off and have it turned into something else, just not sure what direction to go.
thanks again

A friend of mine has a rechambered 7 BR barrel on his that is now a 7/08. That’s one option if not totally rebarrreling.

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1837 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks again for the positive words. Not sure which direction to go with second BR, I am fortunate to have most bases covered for this area of the world. Have two other XP's, a 7TCU and a 35 Remington. Have a 22-250, 243, 7mm-08,308 and 300 WSM in Savage Strikers. So...with long distance a rarity around here will have to think about where to go with the other 7br.