Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Striker spring Login/Join 

posted
OK, laugh your head off, I am because I can't see when crying. Everything was
going well with my Striker with all your help,but I got in a hurry and twang!
There went my spring that fits in the safety/sear location. Tried to make a new one, but just can not find a wire that works well.

Any chance anyone may have one to sell or what wire would you suggest to use making my own? Crawling around looking for it sure reminded me of my carpet laying days, also how bad my eyesight is.

Posts: 36 | Location: United States | Registered: January 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Try using a magnet on the floor. Too late now, but assembly/disassembly can be done in a big ziplock or even a plastic Kroger bag. If push comes to shove, Brownells sells all types of spring stock. Good luck.

Posts: 535 | Location: ndbbm | Registered: January 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
piano wire as found at some hardware stores.

Posts: 79 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 31, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think Numrich has them. Rifle Basix sends a new one with their Sav 2 trigger, migh contact them, understand they have great customer service. Be sure to get the one that doesn't need the bushing.

Posts: 357 | Location: Western NY  | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Let me know your address and I'll send you some , I bought a bunch, I work on Savages, I have .043 spring 302/304 Stainless , you'll have to cut to size and shape as they are 12 inch pieces.

Ed

Posts: 473 | Location: Key Colony Beach, FL Keys | Registered: January 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ed,

My e-mail roger.welborn@comcast.net

Roger Welborn
23584 Cove Road
Sedro Woolley,WA. 98284

Posts: 36 | Location: United States | Registered: January 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ok Roger, I'll send it out today

Ed

Posts: 473 | Location: Key Colony Beach, FL Keys | Registered: January 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
For emergency purposes you can cut a buzz bait (bass and pike) apart and use that. Got in a jamb and it worked. Heavy, but it will get you through

Posts: 202 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you for the response. The spring issue has been addressed and the stock.
What a great bunch or group of people with like interest. If Congress worked like this it sure would be a better place.
Hope I can return the favors to some of you.
God Bless and thank you again.