Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris retical Login/Join 

posted
I acquired a used Burris 3x9x32 pistol scope and it came with no box or information for the scope and need know the retical dimensions. I called Burris and they told me to use their current 3x9 rifle scope retical dimension. I looked at their website and I couldn’t find that rifle scopes retical dimensions. I’m disappointed with Burris that they don’t have an archive of info on their older products.

If no one has that info, I’ll have to do it the old fashion way and graph a grid and try to establish the dimensions that way.

P.S. I posted this query in scope chat room with no responce.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Peter--I have quite a few of those old catalogs but they only go back to 2006. I don't think the 3-9x LER was being produced then. May have to just measure it sir.

Steve

Posts: 2643 | Location: Pueblo, CO USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for looking.
What I find annoying, is that Burris could not give me that info. I know of other companies that have archived info on their legacy products, just not Burris. Makes rethink about the next scope I buy.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Something must be up with Burris... There current website ballistics portion doesn't correctly calculate the yardages for the handgun 3x-12x scope when doing a chart for the hash marks on the reticle.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1593 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I afraid that Burris has been taken over by the bean counters.

Peter Resetz

posted Hide Post
From the 1994 Burris catalog.

These dims represent inches at 100 yd.

Thinnest part;
3 X = 0.7
9 X = 0.3

Thickest part;
3 X = 1.5
9 X = 0.6

Width of fine section;
3 X = 19
9 X = 7.58

Posts: 537 | Location: ndbbm | Registered: January 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
atm;

Thanks for the info. I kind of gave up on anybody having that info. Thanks again.

Peter Resetz