Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

28 Nosler Login/Join 

Picture of 7fingers
posted

Just finished putting this together, planning on taking it to Texas for The Worlds Longest Shot Challenge in April.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mike-Sid
posted Hide Post
Looks awesome, good luck at the shoot.

Posts: 440 | Location: Oxford CT | Registered: March 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 7fingers
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 297 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I would be interested in some details of the build.
Some of you still suprise me at where we have gone with SP's. Twenty five plus years ago I thought IHMSA was a big deal, and jumped in. That was and still is a challenge. The technology has come a longggg way since then.
In some of Don Bowers writings he wanted handgun silhouette to be shot at rifle distances off the bench. I think if that had come to be, we may have had more 500 yard ranges in existence today. Though the two hundred was hard enough to pull off for most.

Good luck to you. Make at least a few of the rifle guys cry laugh
Jeff

Educate me on the scope base, is that windage?
Knob on the side of the grip, to get it flush on the bags or a bit of elevation?

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3024 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 7fingers
posted Hide Post
ARS Chassis, McGowen 1-8 twist barrel, Area 419 brake, Savage Dual Port Target Action, Ivey adjustable 175-MOA Mount and NF 15-55x52 Competition. The knob on the side of the grip is a lock for the internal grip mono-pod and the Ivey Mount is strictly elevation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 7fingers,

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Poundage? bowdown

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1507 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's quite the build.

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is a great looking XP!!!! Congrats and good luck!!!!! Let us know how it shoots and how you do!!!!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 7fingers
posted Hide Post
Thanks but it’s a Savage not a XP.

posted Hide Post
thumbup Big Grin thumbup

Awesome!

-Mike

Posts: 2292 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 44MAG
posted Hide Post
Most definintely an awesome looking setup. Look forward to seeing the hits it makes.

Posts: 140 | Location: WA | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Randy I really like the color combination you chose,it really sets things off. Is it my imagination or is that stock/chassis just a little different than all the others I have seen? Sure looks like it to me. Let us know if the graduations on the Ivey track true.

Jon

Posts: 1612 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Randy: hope you got to shoot this beauty at Rayners this weekend even with the crappy weather predicted.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1507 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post