Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ARCA mount for your SP? Login/Join 

posted
I have only been doing SP's for about 2 years and during this time have tried out numerous different rest. I first used a Pig Saddle which worked okay, but went on to something else. I've also used a claw bag, tow sack packed with foam, etc.. Since I don't walk much when hunting with an SP, I was looking for something stable and lightweight. The PSR seemed to fit the bill, but they were no longer in production, nor could a used one be found. Ernie sent me a couple of photos of his PSR with a tape measure in the photo. I made two different prototypes and I was able to build a very good one and still use it today.

However, I was wondering if anyone is or has used an arca setup. I would like to hear pros and cons on the arca before investing in one. The PSR I made is my go to setup for sure, but I always like seeing and trying new setups.

Posts: 157 | Location: Clarksville, TN | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking about this exact same thing, even started pricing some arca rails. From my photography experience I have used arca a little and they are very sturdy.

In my recent research I found these and it really piqued my interest in the subject:

https://grayopscnc.com/collect...ducts/mini-gun-plate

Chris

Posts: 683 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Knucklehead 61
posted Hide Post
I've looked at Arca rails for my SP's and have gone so far as to purchasing a couple of generic rails (from photo suppliers) and doing a little mocking up. Since I typically shoot from a conventional bench rest, the project stalled. I like the AS system and use it extensively in photography. Should be relatively simple to add a rail to a fore-end provided one has a modicum of skills and tools.
Smile

Posts: 87 | Location: south of the piney woods | Registered: December 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I've used the Area419 arca rails for various projects as they have several different types. Check them out. Wink

I used the Grey Ops mini plate, on an arca rail, (mine was actually used by Don Trump Jr at a match that Mr Preston attended with Don Jr.) in PRS my last few years. It was great for both PRS and NRL22.

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19845 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
I've used the Area419 arca rails for various projects as they have several different types. Check them out. Wink

I used the Grey Ops mini plate, on an arca rail, (mine was actually used by Don Trump Jr at a match that Mr Preston attended with Don Jr.) in PRS my last few years. It was great for both PRS and NRL22.

I’m glad to hear from someone who has the grey ops. I’ve really wanted to order one but that’s a lot of bling for what it is.

Chris

Posts: 683 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post