Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP-100 Question. Login/Join 

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted
I had one of my newly acquired XP's apart the other day and noticed the trigger balance setting down in the stock when I removed the action. What was/is the intended function of this device and I read in some of the posts that it is not installed on custom builds and I was wondering why?

Posts: 943 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bowstryder
posted Hide Post
The trigger balance acts as sort of a safety device if the firearm is jarred or dropped (if I remember correctly). It keeps a little more pressure on the sear.
Most, if not all the customs are without this device and a few folks on here remove them from there factory xp's as well. I do not have a balance in any of my xp's and have never looked back. Hth

Posts: 445 | Location: waynesboro, va | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
As bowstryder stated the trigger balance was installed as a safety feature. If the loaded XP was dropped and landed on the muzzle the weight of the trigger linkage and the sudden stop could possibly cause the sear to disengage firing the weapon. Personally, if I were ever to drop one of my XP's just go ahead and shoot me. I have no trigger balances in any of my XP's and have never had an issue. If you install a custom trigger they will not work as well. Practice firearm safety and you should be fine. Also dropping any loaded firearm has the potential to discharge on impact. Hopefully Tom won't ruin you as he cost me a lot of $$$$

Rick

Posts: 3523 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys , very useful info ! Good point about Tom , I have all of my Social Security checks for 2016 spent because of him!

Posts: 943 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Who me!!!!!!!!! eek2

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who me!!!!!!!!!

yea you! ha

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post