Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Bolt Action, Falling Block & Rotary Breech Pistols    The Continuing Saga of my "Red-Headed Stepchild"

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Continuing Saga of my "Red-Headed Stepchild" Login/Join 

posted
Hey guys,
My XP-100 in 260 Remington has been like a red-headed stepchild to me. I’ve kind of neglected it, largely because I’ve just never had good chemistry with it. In addition, it's had a hard time getting playing time since I have two other trusted XP's ahead of it, a 284 Win and 7-08 Rem. Our bad mojo started when I bought it from a fellow SPer and Fed Ex damaged the stock. They were supposed to pick it up to inspect and assess the damage, but instead shipped it back to the seller. I finally got it back, but it was an ordeal. The seller was an honorable man and signed the insurance payment over to me. That was good because it paid for gunsmithing that had to be done to replace the recoil lug and correct some headspace issue. I ended up successfully repairing the damaged stock. Later I replaced the damaged stock w/ a new McMillan stock bought with the SP group purchase. Last year we finally starting bonding some when I killed two whitetail deer w/ it w/ the new stock. One deer was a nice buck. I was excited about some new loads for it this year, the 120 grain Speer Gold Dot (thanks, Bobby T) and 125 gr NPT. I was even planning to use it on opening day, but now that may have changed. A few days ago I noticed a 4/10” x 7/10” area of the outter shell had been chipped out on the left hand side of the stock, behind and slightly above the grip. I emailed McMillan and they promptly responded, offering to repair the stock under the warranty. I'm responsible only for shipping it to and from. Unfortunately, the lead time is 4-6 meaning the stock may still be in the shop when deer season opens. I've never heard of this happening before w/ a synthetic stock, but credit to McMillan for offering to repair the stock. I'll keep my fingers crossed for expeditious repairs. thumbup

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1678 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a black Factory stock you are welcome to use. it is missing the fore end tip. It just has the peg.
Let me know if you want it.

Posts: 129 | Location: South LA | Registered: March 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a black Factory stock you are welcome to use.

Thx for the generous offer, thumbup but I'll be ok as I've got other guns to use if the stock arrives late.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1678 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post