Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ELR Handguns Login/Join 

Picture of 7fingers
posted
I started a couple years ago trying to compete in ELR rifle competitions with a handgun and actually was surprised at how well it went. In 2018 I competed in two ELR competitions and finished bottom of the pack in Texas at TWLSC and mid pack at the NRA/ELR National Match. After the 2018 NRA match I was told that I would not be able to compete there with a handgun again in 2019 due to the rules requiring all weapons to be shoulder fired. In 2019 I once again competed in Texas with my 28 Nosler handgun and finished mid pack. Since I was not allowed to use my handgun in the NRA/ELR National Match again I competed there with a factory Savage 338 Lapua rifle and finished 3rd in the light class and set a new ELR Central World Record at 2158. At the end of the season I had a conversation with one of the other competitors and he told me that I should stick to rifles because I would never be more than a dog and pony show in ELR competitions with a handgun. This year I was only able to make it to two ELR matches using my 33 Nosler handgun due to Covid-19 causing match cancellations. In the two matches that I was able to attend this year the TVP Invitational ELR Match and the ELRSO event at Black Bear Shooting Complex in Virginia I proved that these handguns are no dog and pony show. With a 5th place finish at the TVP Invitational and a 1st place finish in Virginia at the ELRSO Match I think a few eyes were opened. Hopefully 2021 will bring more success for these ELR Handguns and hopefully there will be a few more competitors using them. There are a lot of great shots out there with these handguns and I would love to see some of them venturing into the ELR field.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I am very proud of everything you have accomplished and all that you will in the future.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12168 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Good job! thumbup thumbup flag

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 800 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congratulations on such an accomplishment.

Posts: 329 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: May 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!! Some amazing scores!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
You the man!!!!!!!!!

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1504 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
After the 2018 NRA match I was told that I would not be able to compete there with a handgun again in 2019 due to the rules requiring all weapons to be shoulder fired. In 2019 I once again competed in Texas with my 28 Nosler handgun and finished mid pack.

Again a match director's ignorance and or prejudice has reared its ugly head. They just do not want a handgun to beat out a high dollar rifle.

If the shooter can safely run the pistol - let them play.!!!!

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1504 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your accomplishment!!!!

Would love to the the look on guys face that told you

quote:
I would never be more than a dog and pony show in ELR competitions with a handgun.

Posts: 2060 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post