Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lin "Trapper" Alexiou Login/Join 

posted
Recently acquired an XP in 6-223 from Steelkiller. The barrel is marked Trapper Gun. Was doing research and found an early 80's article by Bob Milek on the 6-223 and he referenced that his custom barrel was a custom barrel by Trapper Alexiou at Trapper Gun in Frazier, Michigan.

Not a whole lot out there on the web on Trapper, seems he specialized in handguns.

It's a vey nice barrel, and accurate. anyone else have any info / history with Trappers work?

"The World Spins Forward"

Posts: 2744 | Location: lake of the ozarks, mo. | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Back in the '80s, the shop that I worked at sold a lot of his "Bullseye Spring Kits". If you add that into a search, you might find more info. He was also known for his modified S & W single stack autos. There were quite a few gun magazine articles on the cut down custom pistols. I remember a VHS tape that he sent us showing a full-auto Uzi that he modified to fire at a crazy fast rate of fire. Spoke to him on the phone a few times placing orders, seemed very personable & honest.

Posts: 534 | Location: ndbbm | Registered: January 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks atm, Found some old internet blips on Trapper that's about it. I know a retired gunsmith that specialized in S & W's during that era. I'll ask him the next time I see him

Posts: 2744 | Location: lake of the ozarks, mo. | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I’m from the greater Metro Detroit area and had heard of Trapper’s Gun Works, but by the time I had learned about Lin”Trapper”Alexiou he had closed his shop. He had a heart attack, and retired. I wanted to pump the guy for 1911 build and accuracy info as I was build my second one for PPC and IPSC competition. Instead I bought the book by Bill Wilson.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 144 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Was doing research and found an early 80's article by Bob Milek on the 6-223

Now there's a blast from the past. I think I've read everything Bob Milek ever wrote and enjoyed every single word. He was the main reason I had an XP in 22 BR built in the early 90's and was responsible for my lifelong "craving" for the 250 Savage. thumbup

ETA: Bob Milek's writings also pointed in the direction of the fine 6x223. I remember reading an article he wrote in which he used the 6x223 to kill a nice Mule Deer. In the end, I ended going for "more horsepower" and bought a Virgin Valley barrel in 6mm that Mike Bellm chambered in his 6X50R Bellm.

Keep us updated on your 6x223. I bet you'll enjoy it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gary T,

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1659 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I haven't heard of the 6-223. For those of you like me, here is an interesting article: 6-223 Accurate Shooters Forum

Posts: 157 | Location: Clarksville, TN | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
K9TXS,

Thanks for the read. I haven't check the twist in my barrel yet to see if it will stabilize the heavier bullets. Malek said in his article that he made the mistake of going with 1 in 12 twist and could stabilize up to 80 grainers. The previous owners pet load was 70 grain Sierra's.

It should be fun to shoot with minimal recoil.