Specialty Pistols
Lin "Trapper" Alexiou

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/9030081007

April 20, 2021, 08:08 PM
mjshell
Lin "Trapper" Alexiou
Recently acquired an XP in 6-223 from Steelkiller. The barrel is marked Trapper Gun. Was doing research and found an early 80's article by Bob Milek on the 6-223 and he referenced that his custom barrel was a custom barrel by Trapper Alexiou at Trapper Gun in Frazier, Michigan.

Not a whole lot out there on the web on Trapper, seems he specialized in handguns.

It's a vey nice barrel, and accurate. anyone else have any info / history with Trappers work?

"The World Spins Forward"

April 21, 2021, 02:54 AM
atm
Back in the '80s, the shop that I worked at sold a lot of his "Bullseye Spring Kits". If you add that into a search, you might find more info. He was also known for his modified S & W single stack autos. There were quite a few gun magazine articles on the cut down custom pistols. I remember a VHS tape that he sent us showing a full-auto Uzi that he modified to fire at a crazy fast rate of fire. Spoke to him on the phone a few times placing orders, seemed very personable & honest.
April 21, 2021, 07:43 PM
mjshell
Thanks atm, Found some old internet blips on Trapper that's about it. I know a retired gunsmith that specialized in S & W's during that era. I'll ask him the next time I see him

April 22, 2021, 08:32 PM
PRR1957
I’m from the greater Metro Detroit area and had heard of Trapper’s Gun Works, but by the time I had learned about Lin”Trapper”Alexiou he had closed his shop. He had a heart attack, and retired. I wanted to pump the guy for 1911 build and accuracy info as I was build my second one for PPC and IPSC competition. Instead I bought the book by Bill Wilson.

Peter Resetz
April 27, 2021, 01:10 PM
Gary T
quote:
Was doing research and found an early 80's article by Bob Milek on the 6-223

Now there's a blast from the past. I think I've read everything Bob Milek ever wrote and enjoyed every single word. He was the main reason I had an XP in 22 BR built in the early 90's and was responsible for my lifelong "craving" for the 250 Savage. thumbup

ETA: Bob Milek's writings also pointed in the direction of the fine 6x223. I remember reading an article he wrote in which he used the 6x223 to kill a nice Mule Deer. In the end, I ended going for "more horsepower" and bought a Virgin Valley barrel in 6mm that Mike Bellm chambered in his 6X50R Bellm.

Keep us updated on your 6x223. I bet you'll enjoy it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gary T,

Good luck and good hunting.
April 27, 2021, 03:52 PM
K9TXS
I haven't heard of the 6-223. For those of you like me, here is an interesting article: 6-223 Accurate Shooters Forum
April 27, 2021, 09:18 PM
mjshell
K9TXS,

Thanks for the read. I haven't check the twist in my barrel yet to see if it will stabilize the heavier bullets. Malek said in his article that he made the mistake of going with 1 in 12 twist and could stabilize up to 80 grainers. The previous owners pet load was 70 grain Sierra's.

It should be fun to shoot with minimal recoil.