Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Striker stock Login/Join 

posted
Well, I'm having less than "zero" luck finding any kind of replacement stock for my Striker, so.... Anybody make a chassis for a center grip? If no center grip, what's involved in changing out the trigger so I can do something with a rear grip configuration. Rear grip is not my first choice, BTW. I've tried re-working the plastic stocker to stiffen it up as that's my main gripe. I just can't get the flimsy plastic bedded to my satisfaction. I've put a heavy aluminum channel in the forearm, etc., but it just starts moving somewhere else. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd sure like to hear it.

Posts: 18 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You might want to see if "tinkerer" has anything to offer or work on. He has shown some exceptional work here on the forum.

The other thing would be to maybe try Royal Gun Stocks.

I spoke to him a couple months ago and at the time he seemed open to trying to fit a striker into his crossbreed stock that he uses for the XP action.

He wasn't sure he could make it work and did not imply an sort of success, but he did seem willing to try.

Good luck,
Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Trigger conversion it's as simple as remove your trigger linkage and drop in a rifle trigger

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
7 Fingers has a chassis for a Striker.

I have one I am making for a customer at this time, rosewood laminate with carbon fiber tips and grips. As soon as I get that one done, I have a project for me, and than I may take on another request.

I am slow as I make each by hand.

Keep tuned. I would be glad to take your money, but not until I have time for you.

Larry
Tinkerer

Posts: 1259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: November 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well, I'm obviously a noob here so, that said: Tink, is there a provision for a private message or can you give me an idea of cost? I'd like a pepper laminate colored stock and inleted for the bull barrel that will ultimately reside there. Not looking for anything exotic as far a shape goes, similar to the factory plastic but with a bench rest style forearm. Not concerned about a magazine, going single shot would be fine.
Where would I find info on the chassis you mentioned 7 Fingers has??
Thanks in advance!
Frank
435-650-1099

Posts: 18 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Joe Updyke makes the chassis system that is formally known as the 7Fingers chassis, you can find more info about it here: http://www.accurateriflesystems.com/pistol-chassis/

Posts: 1162 | Location: California | Registered: November 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just bought one. F'n AMAZING! Put in a Rifle Basix Savage 2 trigger and currently shooting it with the OEM 243 bbl. What a difference! Amazing workmanship and handles simply wonderful. Waiting on a Shilen 6 Creed bbl. right now. Joe builds a super slick chassis and is a great guy to work with. I'll be going back for more as funds allow.

posted Hide Post

If I was successful in posting the pic, "here she is". ARS chassis, Shilen Match bbl., 16-inch, bull contour, standard 6mm Creedmoor chamber, 1-10, Rifle Basix Sav 2 trigger. Just fire-forming brass and breaking it in, but best groups so far are sub 1/4 moa, worst are sub 1/2 moa. Using start loads of 4064 from the Hornady web site.

posted Hide Post
[URL= ] [/URL]

posted Hide Post
Somehow I can not see me dragging THAT around in the field looki ng for groundhogs. OH WAIT, I don not have to leave the vehicle since my stroke!!
HMM! How do I get the wife to pay for one ??

Posts: 3978 | Location: home | Registered: November 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Available at this time.

Nicely modded stock, 2.5" wide. $350 shipped to your house CONUS.Now offered as part of a complete package deal with a 308 Striker in beautiful maple burl /AAAA walnut stock. See my listing in For Sale section.

Complete custom Striker in 22-250 for varmints, now wearing varmint scope. $1000 to your FFL in CONUS. SOLD

Another modded stock, 3.5" wide. $350 to your house in CONUS. Still available.

BTW, another member and I are working on a Striker center grip chassis system. Going to take some time, I'll post pics when prototype when ready. We'll be working on it this weekend.

Larry
Tinkerer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tinkerer,

Posts: 1259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: November 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post