Specialty Pistols
MR Lone Eagle?

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/8990010107

October 28, 2021, 09:28 PM
jason280
MR Lone Eagle?
Any Lone Eagle shooters here?

I just picked up one in .308, threaded with a flash hider. I was surprised by how well it balances, although I am still a little interested in seeing how recoil will feel...my only other mid grips are a couple XP-100s in 7mm TCU & 7mm BR.

Any tips or tricks with these pistols, or suggestions? My plan is to handload 150gr bullets around 2300-2400 fps, which should be more than adequate.
October 28, 2021, 10:17 PM
Scout2
The only thing I can remember is never ever dry fire one! Pretty much guarantees a broken firing pin.
October 28, 2021, 10:17 PM
RICHP
Do not dry fire.

---------------
love those .41 mags.
October 28, 2021, 10:51 PM
jason280
Are replacement firing pins available?
October 29, 2021, 10:59 AM
Scout2
Have no idea on the availability. I’m sure you can contact Magnum Research to find out.
October 29, 2021, 04:32 PM
Magnum Mike
I highly doubt they have any parts left as the Lone Eagle has been out of production for like a decade. I would check with Gun Parts Corp as they MAY have some...

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

October 30, 2021, 08:11 PM
Hairtrigger
quote:
Originally posted by RICHP:
Do not dry fire.

I have several of the loan Eagles, including a stainless one in 308 with the factory muzzle break.

You can in fact dry fire these, you simply need to leave the chamber open

The manual clearly states this

------------------------------
I am one gun away from being happy
October 30, 2021, 10:52 PM
LoneStar
quote:
chamber open….

What does this mean? Empty? Breech block in loading position?

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith
October 31, 2021, 04:45 AM
Lonegle57
I have had two LE's, currently the second version in 7-08. What the individual means by chamber open is the rear breech is turned to point where you would load the gun. In short you can look thru the barrel from the rear of the gun,
November 03, 2021, 01:44 PM
Knucklehead 61
I currently own 2. Early production in .308 with an added muzzle brake. Recoil is about as intense as a hot .44 mag in a Contender. Noticeable, but manageable. My other is a later production in 7mm BR. Fairly 'tame' to shoot. I rather like these things, I bought my first in 92 or 93. Parts are generally unavailable, don't dry fire is good advice, use a snap cap if you must try the action. They usually like to be kept clean and beware of unburned / partially burned powder getting into the action.
If you don't have a handbook, I may still have a pdf of one. Enjoy.
Smile
November 17, 2021, 04:25 PM
One Shot
I also have a Lone Eagle in .308. It is in the nickel finish, muzzle brake and magnaported. The scope is a Leopold 2.5-8. The stock I choose is the longer ambidextrous one. I reload for my target loads. Nosler ballistic tip 125gr, Varget, H332 or H335. I just started shooting it again after a long break. It shoots great, with a nice fireball out the end of the barrel. I’m building a tripod mount so I can support it better at the range. I’m using a Manfrotto tripod with a Hog Saddle. I need to make a L bracket to support the handle area.
November 25, 2021, 09:07 AM
MClark
I have three.
First is a 223 I got from a coworker. I like the rotary breach for hunting over a standard bolt.
Since I have bought at gun shows a 7-08 and 358 Winchester.
December 06, 2021, 09:01 AM
shortgun
I have an original 1st year SSP86 in .357 Max. It is a 10 inch bbl.My wife hunted with that gun when she was still hunting. She has killed deer and antelope with it. Recoil is a bit stout with full house MAX loads with heavy bullets. She never had any problem with it back then. It sure is accurate. I have had Lone Eagles and Competitors as well. I think Al Straitors versions where the best.
January 04, 2022, 07:05 PM
agent*brown
Had a couple, had a 358 and a 243, both super accurate, till the extractor went and that was that, my gunsmith told me not to buy another one, lol
The 243 was ballooning cases out on one side in the center , wouldn't extract ,never saw anything like it