Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

a great 6.5 Apache day!! Login/Join 

Picture of nmhunter
posted
at the local range when they opened, set up targets, got guns ready and had a fantastic morning burning powder. Just my third time to shoot since the surgery back in July and I was pleased with the results. brought three of my Steve Roe built XP's:
6.5 creedmoor, 6.5x284 Lapua & the 6.5 WSM. I had worked up the loads for the WSM & the 6.5x284 a couple of weeks ago and needed to get them zeroed. all went well and "boy" do these guns shoot!! Steve does an excellent job on his builds. thx again Steve
nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice shooting. Have you chrono'd your wsm?

I bet it feels good to get out of the house. Been laid up for a couple weeks now, wish I could get out and do something...

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice shooting Tom!
-Mike

Posts: 2292 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
way to go Tom! thumbup thumbup flag

Sonny

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 805 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great groups! Nice shootin!

How were your velocities with your WSM? What length barrel are ya running? Very appealing round. May be my next project.

Posts: 68 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Aaron&50bmg, haven't checked velocity yet,will try to check over the holiday. aaron being layed up sucks, hope you are getting better. 16" barrel+ brake.
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I dug around in your post history and found the post back in June on your two new additions. Is the WSM the blue and black stocked McM? If that beauty shoots that well, you sir have won SP Big Grin

Posts: 68 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Yep, that is the one. I do like the blk/blu combo's
Nmhunter

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Good shooting Tom!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12181 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bowstryder
posted Hide Post
Tom, that's fantastic!

Posts: 445 | Location: waynesboro, va | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great shooting Tom!!!

Must be a fluke...Apache guns touching bullets and all. Internet hoax. Wink

Posts: 606 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: December 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting!! Looks like the surgery didn't hurt you a bit. Big Grin

------------------------------

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4627 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Great shooting my friend!! I would really like to see the velocities on that WSM too!! Know it feels good to be back shooting Big Grin

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
All neat cartridges.Im curious also what the pistol length 6.5 WSM does.
I have a 30 inch rifle that goes 3300 with the 142 SMK curious what you get.
Nice shootin.
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 633 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Grendel99
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Can we see a group family pic of the 6.5 Apache's?

Posts: 960 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: June 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SWEET Thomas!

Steve

Posts: 2643 | Location: Pueblo, CO USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Greetings Tom!

WOW! That's getting it done. Great bag work, sir. I'm really glad to see you back in action shooting. I've thought about you often and was glad to see that you're out shooting again. Another thing - It is a pleasure to have you as a customer, as a friend, and shooting AMAC guns. You do a 'smith proud!

On a side note, we are in the early stages (land clearing) of building a larger Apache facility for 2016. I have the property and we are going to have a new building to move into mid year next year. I cannot wait - I need the space!

Happy Thanksgiving,

SR
Apache Machine & Custom, LLC
North Wilkesboro, NC

Posts: 1106 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
I will try to get the family together for a photo op.
Nmhunter

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
On a side note, we are in the early stages (land clearing) of building a larger Apache facility for 2016. I have the property and we are going to have a new building to move into mid year next year. I cannot wait - I need the space!Happy Thanksgiving,SRApache Machine & Custom, LLCNorth Wilkesboro, NC

Congrats Steve!!!

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of chas3stix
posted Hide Post
Great shooting,Tom. Glad to hear you are back to shooting. I would be too,if I could stay away from the hospital. 2015 isn't going down as a banner year for me.

---------------------------------
Patron/ Life NRA Member

Posts: 424 | Location: Henderson,Nevada | Registered: August 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
That's some sweet shooting Tom!

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great shooting, and kudos to Apache.

I want to wish you well on your recuperation and overall health. Glad you are out and enjoying life.

deepwater

Posts: 238 | Location: Virginia | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post