Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lastest Addition Login/Join 

Picture of Nitemann
posted
Picked up my latest addition last night. 15" SS lilja 8T barrel, McMillan stock from the group buy, Burris rings and bases, Burris 3-12 with ballistic plex chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Posts: 3562 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Got it all put together last night and since I was off today started the barrel break in process. Had a box of factory hornady 120 gr amax ammo that shot poorly in my striker so figured I would shoot it up. Looks like it's going to be just fine.

Posts: 3562 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Good groups. Would be a good choice for javelina next month thumbup
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nitemann,

What are the colors of that stock?
I have one that appears very similar to your picture.
Mine is 60% Woodland Beige / 30% Black / 10% Light Grey

Thanks,
Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with those results! Good looking XP!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Wow!, very nice rig sir. Congrats! Roger.

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 330 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Freeze,

50% Olive, 30% Medium Gray, 20% Black

posted Hide Post
Thanks .... And very nice rig and shooting.

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Did you build it yourself? Id like to hear more detail on that. Red Face

What is your muzzle dia.?

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9444 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
Nice looking setup there.

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1844 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Good shootin'. Good lookin' piece as well!

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6522 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nitemann,

Do you mind if I ask what specific barrel contour you ordered?
Also who did the build?

Thanks,
Freeze

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
KYODE the muzzle is .800, it's a Lilja XP-15 contour for their short 15" barrel blanks that fit the stock very well. I was going to have Jeremy build it but he has kinda fallen off the planet since receiving my components for my 20VT build so went with a local smith that works out of his garage in the evenings after a full day of work at his main job. I learned about him in September and this is his first XP build. Best part is he's only 10 minutes from my house.

Rick

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Very nice. How is the recoil?
Derek >>>------>

Posts: 915 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:
How is the recoil?

Derek the gun weighs quite a bit so the recoil in my opinion was very light. Not light enough for a rifle scope but i'll never be using one so i'm very pleased.

Tom it will on work on a javelina if I can find one with a dime on it's shoulder laugh

Rick

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Good to see another one getting into it!

Tell him good job on #1

If he ever has any questions I am open to helping.

Posts: 4032 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tell him good job on #1

I sent him pics of the groups and he just couldn't believe it. Kept giggling and asking how far?

Rick

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. Nice shooting!
Derek >>>-------->

Posts: 915 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Nice pistola Rick! thumbup

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 818 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! Can't wait to see how it does with some loads developed for it.

Aaron

Posts: 2759 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Rick I like that. The Lilja XP-15 profile fits very well on that build and looks good. I've got a barrel order sitting in my email for a 6.5 Creed and after seeing yours I feel I'm on the right track. Thanks Freeze for taking the time to give me the dimensions I needed.

Jon

Posts: 1633 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice Build
Enjoy it

DAN

Posts: 750 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice Rick!
That's a good looking rig thumbup

-Mike

Posts: 2293 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Very nice Rick!! I think the creedmoor was made for pistols. Big Grin

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3520 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post