Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

scope ring height Login/Join 

posted
Hello ! Going to put a vortex pst FFP on my xp , I have a standard weaver style base , what 30 mm ring height should I use ? Thanks !!!! Jimmy

Posts: 52 | Location: New Madrid MO.63869 | Registered: January 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
I like high to x-high rings on my pistols, regardless of objective diameter. No cheek weld to be concerned with and a higher LOS to boreline optic parallel has it's advantages.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: big10,

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6522 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Each manufacturer will be a little different as to the measurement of their low, med, and high. If you go to the ring mfg website that you plan to use see if they have specs on their rings with measurements. I use Burris and they have specs for sure. Just divide your objective diameter by 2 and pick a ring height based on their numbers that will give sufficient clearance of the objective to the barrel. The Vortex website has real good specs on their scopes.

Posts: 1626 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys ! Iowa fox I didn't know that , done the math and I need high rings , thanks again guys !

Posts: 52 | Location: New Madrid MO.63869 | Registered: January 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post