Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris' Thanksgiving Build Along Login/Join 

Picture of Hoggin
posted
Well I am on leave for Thanksgiving like most of you....my boss was kind enough to let me have the weekend off....tough working for yourself laugh .....so while on leave I am going to work in the shop! Just not on customers stuff. One of mine is finally going to get done....Its been about a year since I built myself a custom.

So here we have a barrel.....

Posts: 4020 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Now attached to a trued xp100 action happy

Posts: 4020 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
and sitting on the stock....still needs oppened up....

more to come

posted Hide Post
Looking great so far. What caliber? Roger.

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 330 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Do you know what make the stock is. I have a stock like that one and was curious who made it. Thanks, Bruce

Posts: 717 | Location: Pa | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cletus:
Do you know what make the stock is. I have a stock like that one and was curious who made it. Thanks, Bruce

No idea

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
It’s in the bedding. munch

posted Hide Post
Very nice contour of the muzzle brake to barrel! I Like the diameter of the brake. Almost aerodynamic in a way. Nice build. Are you going to leave it a 2 tone or coat it a solid color?

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 330 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looks great. I also have a stock like that that is new to me. I found that I have to open up the thumbhole more so I can get my hand more behind the grip It is very sensitive to how I grip it and to where the bullet hits. Love the brake you have.

Posts: 26 | Location: SE Idaho | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good one!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Chris is that the same barrel tapper you put on Glenn's and is that on of Chucks brakes?? I'll be watching for more on this one.

Jon

Posts: 1626 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Iowa Fox:
Chris is that the same barrel tapper you put on Glenn's and is that on of Chucks brakes?? I'll be watching for more on this one.

Jon

No. Glens was a heavy pig of a gun laugh

Mines a #1 light contour

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
15” 6 creedmoor is done

Back to all the customers gun work in the morning.

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
She turned out really nice!! Now for the range report

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3517 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgp:
She turned out really nice!! Now for the range report

Glenn

dies should be here any day.....

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Great looking xp Chris Congrats!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hoggin:
15” 6 creedmoor is done

Back to all the customers gun work in the morning.

Does this mean we have to wait until Christmas time off for more updates on this project? laugh

Posts: 1626 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Does look nice. Great that you can build your own.

Hey....i can plow my own garden. laugh

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9438 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Am I the only one that can't see the pics??? Confused Sounds like a good looking gun, but instead of pics I see a red outlined circle w/ a red slash from 11 o'clock to 5 o'clock. cry

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1676 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nevermind...... Now I CAN see the pics and it is a nice looking gun/build. thumbup Don't know what happened w/ the pics. Maybe I somehow was no longer signed in?

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1676 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Dies should be here today. Have a bunch of 6.5 brass to bump down. Should get to shoot it this week.... happy