Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP Mauser 33/40 in 308 win Login/Join 

Picture of .30 Herrett
posted
New find this week.

Unlimitedpistol buildt by a Norwegian gunsmith Dagfinn Rustand in the 90`

Buildt on a shorten down mauser 33/40 reciver. All work done by him.

Really nice pistol, and it shoots very well thumbup

Now to the hard work... working up loads for it happy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: .30 Herrett,

Posts: 231 | Location: Vestcoast of Norway | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Nice find!!!

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looks neat. Where was the receiver shortened? I've read about guys cutting the middle out of them.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
thumbup thumbup

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:
Looks neat. Where was the receiver shortened? I've read about guys cutting the middle out of them.

Aaron

common practice with military actions back in the day....cut them right in half and remove what you don't want then weld them back up

Posts: 4009 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
NICE!

Posts: 787 | Location: South Central VA | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I must be a wimp! That practice ALWAYS scared me. But then I, liked to FILL the cartridge with powder before seating a bullet.

Posts: 3978 | Location: home | Registered: November 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Only the front is structural. The rest is just a hanger for the trigger and something to guide the bolt.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Good looking SP Congrats!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you look close there is a plum colored strip on both sides of the receiver just in front of the stripper clip cutout.That's where it was cut. Someone did a very good job on that.

Posts: 399 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Nice find! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 945 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Those are some solid looking scope rings. Are they current production in Norway? Appear to be turn in front dovetail and adjustable rear like our leupold/burris/etc offerings but a whole lot stronger.

Rick

Posts: 3534 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
really nice find, when I was in school, we would cut two actions apart and make one short and one mag. It worked really well, made some neat rifles out of them. Thanks for sharing.

---------------------------------
"All your skill is to no avail when an Angel ****es in your touch hole". :Old German hunters quote.

Posts: 167 | Location: Troy, MT | Registered: September 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post