Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington model seven action Login/Join 

posted
I'm in search of a undesignated model 7 action, brownells had them awhile back, but of course now they dont. I saw a 6.5 creedmoor on a chassis stock system with a magazine. It was really nice looking.

J.

Posts: 525 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Try Pacific Tool and Gauge, pacifictoolandgauge.com . Click on Remington performance then model Seven. They advertise .223 size bolt face size actions but they also make and sell Remington bolts so I'm sure they could help you out.

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I called them last week and talked to lady there, she said they don't have actions for pistols.

J.

Posts: 525 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
They are undesignated actions so it doesn't matter if it's for a rifle or pistol build.

Posts: 126 | Location: missouri | Registered: June 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks all, I will call them again on Monday.

J.

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
You must have spoken with the same woman I talked to the last time I called with a question. She had absolutely no clue about their product line. I could not believe they would even let someone so clueless even answer the phone. Like you planned , just call again and say you want to buy an action. When your dealer gets it just register it as a handgun action and have that stated on your receipt.

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes, that was her. She had no clue at all.

Thanks. J.

posted Hide Post
You might have just as good of luck checking their website. Brownells has just moved into a new retail type facility out along I-80 with lots of new folks. Its still a good company owned by the same people but its not the same Brownells of old. But then again what is.

It was about 2 years ago they had those mod 7 receivers. I'm not sure what the whole story was but they were stamped aac 300 Black, with a 20 moa rail, receiver tapped 8-40. They had a bunch of them. Some with bolts & triggers, some with bolts & no triggers, some without bolts & triggers, some marked as blems on their website. Remington must have backed out on something and dumped all the receivers cheap.

You might want to get a call or an email into Remington, if you can find the right person, to ask if they have any plans to sell any Mod 7 receivers on the open market in the near future. I'd be kind of surprised if they do. You might even ask them if they have a favorite jobber they sell bare actions to.

There are a few places currently stocking 700 actions in the box including the 700 SS solid bottom single shot with 473 bolt face. The 700 is a little bigger and about a 1/2 an inch longer than the mod 7 but its much easier to find parts & stocks for the 700.

Good luck and don't get discouraged in the hunt.

Posts: 1607 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm new at xp'S, I read the article on the 6.5 build, and they were using a 7 action. I want a magazine. Which would be better a 7 action or a 700 action.

J.