Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP 6.5 BR Login/Join 

posted
This is my unlimited big bore silhouette XP chambered in 6.5 BR. I needed bullets so I bought 2000
Nosler 140 gr HP Custom Competition blems. Sure glad they shoot. I mounted Burris 3x12 scope on it for load development. Recently installed a Dell trigger in it. Great trigger!

200 yds

Flyer was thx to the father and and son that decided to shoot two benches from me! I know I pulled the shot from them touching off a round. Mad
I was the only one at the range and there’s 10 benches to shoot from. I was 2’nd from right and they setup 2 benches away. They were shooting Grands and thank goodness no brass hit me. I

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jay HHI6818,

Posts: 2063 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Good looking XP!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What, are you unsociable or somthing? Big Grin
Probably the sound amplifier ya got screwed on the end of the barrel that made ya jumpy Roll Eyes

You will make me buy some Noslers sooner or later.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3024 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
We finished shooting at the same time and while I was packing the truck the Dad asked what I was shooting that it was LOUD! Smile Big Grin laugh Showed him the little 6.5 BR case and chucked to myself and wished I had brought the 375-06 JDJ! It would have made them move to the opposite end.

Posts: 2063 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Nice Rig!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice shooting. Good looking rig too!

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of blades
posted Hide Post
ah yes Loudenboomers

Posts: 529 | Location: WI | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Oh yeah. The muzzle blast trigger grab. I've done that a few times before. Had a really bad day once shooting a couple of benches away from a braked 458 SOCOM. As much as I tried to time my shots between his he always managed to get a few off really close together.

Nice rig you have there.

Bruce

Posts: 1091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Jay,
That's a nice pistola thumbup
I shot the 6.5 BR for several years in silhouette matches. -Looked very similar to yours other than the color of the stock Big Grin I shot probably 1500 of the 123 grain Nosler Custom Comp bullets out of mine. They worked great for the full size targets. Never rang a ram with one. Always ran 142 SMK's while shooting 500 yard matches.

Have fun with that!!!

-Mike

Posts: 2292 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Jay that's a nice XP. Who's brake is that and what thread pitch on it. Thanks.

Jon

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi Jon ,
I bought this XP used so don’t know much about the detailsother than Ralph Bond built it. Ralph was “THE” Silhouette XP builder years ago.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Jay, That's a great piece of history you have there.

Jon

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 44MAG
posted Hide Post
Fantastic looking XP - And precise shooting no doubt. You have mentioned that this is your BB Unlimited and seeing that group at 200yd -- You should challenge yourself to try the Half size targets with it Smile It will give you a rush when you flip back that Ram. Have fun and keep shootin.
Steve

Posts: 140 | Location: WA | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I shot a match Last Sunday at Crittenton Ky with an fine Australian shooter who was shooting a 6.5 br. He had it dialed in to a T and sure knew how to use it,was a pleasure to watch him work. This was only the second match I have shot since the early 80's ,sure have missed the sport.

Posts: 399 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Longer a Member of SP

posted Hide Post
Sweet rig...and in an awesome caliber, too. The group is noting short of outstanding. thumbup thumbup

Posts: 4730 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post