Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 CP ??? Login/Join 

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted
Anyone else seen this new Remington 700 CP? I’ve always wanted a rear grip Xp-100R in 223 but have never found one for sale in my price range. Was looking at building one with a virgin 700 action but that gets pricey quickly. I prefer the looks of the older rear grip XP, but this new one might be a decent way to get into the platform. As a TC shooter for 25+ years, I’ve not delved into the bolt pistol world much so I look for your guys thoughts on it...

https://www.remington.com/handguns/700-cp

Chris

Posts: 698 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Well it looks like it would shoot. The price isn't bad. Thanks for sharing!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Looks like it will shoot but I am not sure they offer it with a barrel long enough for serious long range work. 2cents

Posts: 947 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
But! barrels are replaceable, and not TOO expensive.

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 811 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
For a hunting bolt pistol I think it looks interesting. In east TN my long range hunting is about 200 yards anyways so I think these barrel lengths would be perfect for portability/accuracy. I was researching this morning on the net, not sure when they’ll be on the market but I saw a couple places list them as out of stock in the $700-800 price range

Chris

Posts: 698 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
It's a bit bulky, But I think with a 15-16" barrel it should be a shooter. I'd also like to see it in a hotter cartridge. 6 or 6.5 Creed maybe?
Derek >>>---------->

Posts: 908 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a 308 on order. My dealer told me about $800. I’ll try the shorter barrel but will probably have it rebarreled. I’m trying to get my son hooked on sp’s but he doesn’t like single shots so I figured this might just do it.

Posts: 277 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: July 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shutupandhunt:
I have a 308 on order. My dealer told me about $800. I’ll try the shorter barrel but will probably have it rebarreled. I’m trying to get my son hooked on sp’s but he doesn’t like single shots so I figured this might just do it.

I would love to hear your thoughts on it when you get it. Did your dealer give you an estimated delivery date/timeframe? Just curious

Chris

posted Hide Post
No they just told me as soon as it is released they will have a 308 for me and a 300bo for there inventory. Hoping to have it by spring.

Posts: 277 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: July 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shutupandhunt:
No they just told me as soon as it is released they will have a 308 for me and a 300bo for there inventory. Hoping to have it by spring.

I gotcha, I haven't seen an actual release date anywhere either...

Chris

posted Hide Post
To eachs own. I guess ones purpose for such a rig depends on thoughts too. I go out with the thoughts of only needing one shot,but bring a couple of extra rounds,as far as hunting. I don't want a deer hunting rig that is heavy when your packing it more than your shooting.

I guess if you look at it as a tool, a fellow has more than a hammer and screw driver in the tool box.
Jeff

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3031 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post