Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP-100 Stock Question. Login/Join 

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted
For a center grip XP laminated wood stock does anybody have any thoughts or pictures of those made by Royal Arms Gunstocks? If so, did he bed your action or did you use someone else?

Posts: 947 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I got one about a year ago. Glenn (TGP) tipped me off about them so I looked at the pictures of XP stocks on his website, emailed him and got prices. Then I talked to a member here that just got one and was pleased with the price, quality, and turn around time to have his barreled action bedded. At the time the price was $125 for a stock or $225 for a stock bedded to your barreled action in either laminate or base grade solid walnut. You finish the outside of the stock. I went with the bedded to my action for $225 and I had the stock and action back in about 2 weeks after shipping it to him. For 225 bedded its a heck of a good buy. The quality of workmanship on mine is very good,the grip is comfy and forend is a nice width . I checked with Russo just before I ordered from Royal and he was getting $435 and you finish the outside But, he was so far behind he didn't want to put my name on his list. Maybe he is caught up now I don't know.

Here's a pic of the grip on one from another member here. I went with the black and gray laminate. Norm has a couple good pics on his website.

Posts: 1623 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much , great information , just what I needed to know. I also really like the black and gray laminate. What type / brand finish did you use?

Posts: 947 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
You might like to check these folks out also.
http://emmacreekgunworks.com/home/homepage.htm

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3514 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pa. Mike:
Thanks so much , great information , just what I needed to know. I also really like the black and gray laminate. What type / brand finish did you use?

I'm going to spray it with Lacquer to keep it from clouding or yellowing.

Posts: 1623 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just got an XP stock back from Royal Arms and it was everything I expected. The turnaround time was excellent. A little finish sanding is all it needed. A bunch of coats of tung oil and it will be finished.

Norm

Posts: 18 | Location: Montrose, Colorado | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post