Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which one would you chose Login/Join 

posted
I have a few options to choose from
Savage Striker 510 in .308
with a Bushnell 2-6 scope and added brake for about $675 (including shipping and transfer). It is blued.

Savage Striker 516 in 7mm-08, no brake but the same scope installed, stainless and price will be few bucks less than the previous one.

I am thinking about one more option, not a bolt action but still a good one... Blued encore with three barrels 30-06 (with a scope one it), 308 and 410/45, wooden and rubber grips and forends (2 sets) and a nice wooden box. Out of my budget but still not too much... around $825

All of them look great. I would really like a bolt action handgun but at the same time this Encore will give me 410 barrel for turkey season and I will have a barrel for long-distance as well. I don't really care for a scope that is included, I will use my 3-12 Burris.
From a previous discussion about 400-yard striker caliber
https://specialtypistols.infop...620095696#6620095696
I could see that .308 and 7mm-08 are great rounds.

Unfortunately, I cannot get them all (I would love it tho) I need to win a lottery to pay for this addiction. I was just thinking to buy a new barrel for my encore, that is how it started and look at it now! Does this ever stop? Plus other hobbies are not making it any easier Smile
Your thoughts about these options are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mladen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: skydivinghunter,

Posts: 271 | Location: North WY | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just me but I would pass and keep shopping.

Jon

Posts: 1627 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Iowa Fox:
Just me but I would pass and keep shopping.

Jon

To be honest I am thinking the same.

Posts: 271 | Location: North WY | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post