Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MOA Status Login/Join 

Picture of brian kinne
posted
Hi folks. Any recent news out of the new MOA owner. I need a bench rest forearm but have not had any calls or EMAIL requests answered. Thanks.

Posts: 308 | Location: camden ny | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
There was a post about a month ago about someone making forearms which has since fallen off the board. Maybe they will chime in again. As for the new owner................

XPFUZZ did make some very, very, very good forearms.......maybe you can sweet talk him into making one.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1515 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Bruce Barnett, he has a gun shop in Alabama, email me for his number.

J

Posts: 529 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4570 hunter:
Bruce Barnett, he has a gun shop in Alabama, email me for his number.

J

Bruce BARRETT

Posts: 1365 | Location: Gonzales, LA | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Also call Rich. He has a few blanks - no inserts.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1515 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
The last that I heard both RPM and MOA were owned by Gateway Precision Arms

http://www.moaguns.com/

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3515 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Left Hand Dave
posted Hide Post
Can someone help me with contact information for this Bruce Barrett? I want to get a target forearm for a MOA I plan to rebarrel.

Thanks
Dave

Posts: 452 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
256-352-5864

Posts: 1389 | Location: Madison Ms | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Left Hand Dave
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wheelgun.

Dave

Posts: 452 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Knucklehead 61
posted Hide Post
Here we are in December 2019. I popped off an email some time back inquiring about the Target Fore End and some small parts for my MOA. No response as yet. Not my biggest project, so I'll wait a bit longer before I get impatient.
The website hasn't been updated since Jan 2018.

Posts: 97 | Location: south of the piney woods | Registered: December 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Sadly, it seems MOA Pistols being produced is over.
Unless someone picks up the company and starts all over again.
These are just my thoughts, and I would love to be wrong.
The shoot is alive and well though.
Since Rich sold the company how many years ago, there has not been any real production, unless Rich did it or helped one of them do some.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12191 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old leghumper:
Also call Rich. He has a few blanks - no inserts.

How is Rich coming along after his stroke

Jon

Posts: 1633 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Doing good.
He has been home for about a week now, if I remember right.
I called him the day got home.
Speech is good.
They don't want him on any lathes or mills right now though.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12191 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
On the wide target forearms- is XPFuzz - Neal Cooper?
I have a new forend made by Neal Cooper for my MOA 1" barrel .376 Steyr that I have not had on the gun. He made it about 2008.
I guess if it would fit any MOA. It has the wood forend with aluminum insert for the pistol. I think it has a stud hole for a sling also.
Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3084 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
XPFuzz would have been Cayle Davis, and he died recently.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ernie. I couldn't find any of my emails back that far. Just that the forend had been made by Neal Cooper. Didn't know his handle. Got the MOA from Doug Miceli, and he had the forend made.

Mike

: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3084 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I have no idea if Neal is still doing that or not.
Have not heard from him in years

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of jroc
posted Hide Post
I can make a forearm for the MOA for you. Contact me
jim@spstocksandgrips.com
spstocksandgrips.com

Jim Rockwell

Posts: 126 | Location: Michigan/Montana | Registered: May 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I will take you up on that!

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of jroc
posted Hide Post
Ok Ernie. I'm visiting my mom in NY. When I get back home I'll get in touch.

Posts: 126 | Location: Michigan/Montana | Registered: May 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ernie:
XPFuzz would have been Cayle Davis, and he died recently.

Holy Smokes!!! Did not know that.

Neal Cooper isn't doing wood anymore. His cnc programs exist but no one running them.

Jon

Posts: 1633 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It just occurred to me, wonder if Jim Rockwell might be willing to knock one out??

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
O Eek

Im assuming he could.....since he posted could. scratch head

Wink

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9444 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of jroc
posted Hide Post
I will definetly do this. It will be after the first of the year though before I can start on it. I'm away presently as my mom is having some serious ongoing health issues.

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Here are some photos of what we are talking about for the MOA pistols.
Mike

Picture of jroc
posted Hide Post
Thanks for pics Mike.I have a target forend being sent to me alredy so I can get dimensions on aluminum insert.

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Great. I was going to offer the forend I have if you needed a pattern. Mine is close to being exactly like the photos.

Mike