Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally! 30 NOS RC gonna happen! Login/Join 

posted
It’s about time!!!

After a long period of time that seemed like an eternity, I’m finally in the wait stage for a 30 Nosler build.

I think it was about 3 years ago when I started collecting parts for a custom build. It may have been four years ago. The memory is a blur. A life status change had a huge impact on my ability to finish what I started. I hate divorce, and the agony it brings. Not to mention the cost, financially and emotionally/psychologically.

Seems the first piece I bought was the barrel, which came from bugholes.com if I remember right. I think that was four years ago or so. If I had the invoice handy I’d look and see.

Slowly, I managed to collect brass, dies, another XP-100, scope base, scope and a stock. Today, I loaded all the pieces in my truck and made the trek to my gunsmith, Jon Beanland of Beanland Custom Rifles in Gould, Oklahoma, four hours away.

This will be the third gun Jon has built for me.

Here’s what the spec’s are:

+Bartlein Hvy Palma contour 1:9”, 5R barrel (going with 18” or 18.5” length)
+Muzzle Brakes and More Beast 1” 5-port brake, 3/4”x24
+Action will be trued
+Bolt face opened up and M-16 extractor installed
+External Bolt stop installed (Defiance is planned)
+Ken Farrel 20 MOA picatinny scope base
+McMillan Alpine Ambush stock
+Scope initially will be a Burris 3x-12x and at a later date, changed out with some better glass
+JGS Custom reamer spec’d to my dimensions on neck diameter, throat diameter, and freebore length
+ADG brass waiting to get plugged with primer, powder and bullet, and will also try some Hornady brass just because.
+Titanium Cerakote finish

Now, I’m waiting. Patiently.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rog (Buttermilk421),

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1591 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sweet, now you have something to look forward to. Sometimes life gets in the way and changes plans. Hang in there! thumbup

Posts: 399 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Sounds Awesome!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12186 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good luck with it. Sounds like fun. Yes divorce is no laughing matter.

Posts: 924 | Location: Ga. | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Divorce , been there done that , painful but sometimes better for both parties involved. Glad your build is moving along. I am anxious to see and read about the finished product!

Posts: 947 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks fellows. I’m anxious to get this one done.

I hope it shoots as good as the other XP-100 and rifle Jon built for me. If it does I’ll be extremely happy. Icing on the cake will be if I hit my velocity goals.

This thing will weigh half a ton with that Bartlein Heavy Palma tomato stake hanging off the front end. Probably be the last heavy one I have built. Well, after the next heavy one any way (already thinking, and talking with Jon Beanland about doing a smokeless muzzle Loader on my third XP-100... Wink )

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1591 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I don't think it'll be too heavy. What bullet are you planning on using?

Aaron

Posts: 2755 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Reamer specs were put into place with the Berger 210 VLD in mind. I used the bullet dimension provided by Berger to set the base of the B210VLD bearing surface at neck/shoulder junction of the brass and the bullet to just touch the lands. It will also be a good freebore for the Berger 215, and will/should work with some longer bullets as well.

I really only plan on using 200-215 grain bullets.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

posted Hide Post
The 210 is a great choice. Good luck on your build!

Aaron

Posts: 2755 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post