Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something new Login/Join 

posted
Thinking about doing something different . I've putting together a XP 100 reargrip . I sent Jim a chunk of Claro and he is making me a Sporter reargrip . Action has been trued , PTG bolt .473 with M16 extractor . At the present time I have a Brux straight contour chambered in the 6.5x47 AI. I'm toying with trying the 6 SLR . Does anyone have any real time behind this chambering with these short barrel pistols? I'm thinking about finishing the barrel around 20-21 " and it will be sporting a 1x8 T. Any input would be greatly appreciated .
Jim

Posts: 14 | Location: Deltaville | Registered: October 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a XP with McMillan stock in 6mm SLR 15 inch strait contour . I really like it I am shooting 107 SMK at 2800 fps . I used Peterson 243 small primer pocket brass ,run thru sizer and shoot .

Posts: 107 | Location: Western Il | Registered: June 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback

Posts: 14 | Location: Deltaville | Registered: October 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I would definitely get 1-8 twist !

Posts: 107 | Location: Western Il | Registered: June 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of blades
posted Hide Post
so someone tell me what is so hot about this 6mm slr , as i look at and do not see much difference from it and the 6mm Remington by description but not having seen the cases side by side. I think I heard that the 6mm Rem is out of production case wise.

Posts: 529 | Location: WI | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It fixes all the things wrong with 243 win . I think it is about the optimum case capacity for something like this in a pistol , That being said a 6 brx is knocking on the door in velocity department but I wanted something different when I did mine and do not regret doing it I will have a rifle one of these days also !