Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Striker Information Login/Join 

posted
So I got the bug to build a 6.5x47L Striker and I need to talk to someone about the different Models. Did they make a rear grip model? One with the rifle trigger without the transfer bars? Or are the rear grip custom built and I doubt if I can register a custom handgun in NYS. Would be interested in XP if it has a nut.

You can respond to my e-mail posted in bio.

Thanks,

Bill

Posts: 357 | Location: Western NY  | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of blades
posted Hide Post
you can get an undesignated action from savage. Strickers were never oem rear grip. xp were though

Posts: 531 | Location: WI | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HandCanonShootr
posted Hide Post
I have a Savage SP built off an undesignated "PTA" Precision Target Action. CA legal, bet you are ok as well. Check with your gunshop/gunsmith. buy the action,whh comes good adjustable target trigger, add a barrel of choice, Scope & base, The Stock your biggest issue.

(mine: 13.5" 284Win braked)

Mike B

----------------------------
Everything in excess!
To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
Moderation is for monks.

-Lazarus Long

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth—
This was the ancient Law of Youth.
Old times are past, Old days are done:
But the Law runs True, O Little Son!

-Charles T. Davis

Posts: 1526 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: December 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of welderdaehon
posted Hide Post
If a person were to go the route of building a pistol via Savage PTA action, who would one look to for finding a laminate/wood stock?

Posts: 69 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Back in 2010 and 11 there were a couple gents making nice laminate wood stocks for the Striker and PTA but they have gone by the wayside. Its a shame as they were nice stocks. I wish the guys would sell the CNC program to someone like Norm LaFlamme.

Look at the last 5 posts on this thread.

Jon

http://specialtypistols.infopo...6077864/m/7890012786

Posts: 1627 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post