Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xp 100 trigger question Login/Join 

posted
This is probably a stupid question but here it goes. I have a xp-100 that has been converted to rear grip. I am wanting to put a different stock on it and the trigger that I currently have is not going to work in the new to me stock I have. Will or does a trigger for a remington 600 fit an xp-100?
Thanks

Posts: 113 | Location: London, Kentucky | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
You can put a 700 or 7 trigger in there without issue.

I’m not sure why your current rear grip trigger won’t fit. Don’t be scared to shorten the trigger if needed.

Posts: 3992 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It fits the gun just fine in the current stock. The new to me stock I have is wood and the trigger guard is also wood, all being one piece, if that makes any sense. The trigger lever, the part you actually put your finger on, sits too far back and there isn't enough wood there for me to open it up. If I did,, it would ruin this particular stock.. I was looking at a timney 501t for a 600. The timney has adjustable lop, which I think would solve my problem with the additional benefit of a lighter trigger. My explanation is probably as clear as mud. So, I am interested in the timney trigger but want to be sure it will fit an xp.
Thanks

Posts: 113 | Location: London, Kentucky | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
The Timney will fit the action.

If you picked up a used stock it may have been shaped for some kind of custom trigger shape

Posts: 3992 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank You VERY much for taking the time to respond with your knowledge. The stock is a gorgeous piece of wood so I really want it to work with my gun.
Thanks Again and God Bless!

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Rifle Basix use to make a lower profile trigger specifically for use in the Herrett rear grip stocks. Not sure if that would solve your issues.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I would give jewell triggers a call

IHMSA 56451

Posts: 916 | Location: OU Country | Registered: February 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There are some mid grip stocks around that took a different trigger assembly. It wasn’t a center or a rear grip.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3020 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have ordered a timney 501t, directly from Timney for a 600, although they haven't shipped yet. Hopefully it will work for me. Thanks for the replies.