Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby bolt pistol Login/Join 

posted
Weatherby bolt action pistol. Any of you folks have one or know someone who has one ? Just curious.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Had 3 at one time, (243, 7-08 and 308). Still have the 243.

Rick

Posts: 3544 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
I have looked at a couple of them, and they appear to be well made guns. Never understood why they were never offered in other chamberings.

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3512 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Nitemann would love to here your view of the good and bad of those pistols.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
My take for what it's worth,

Good- Lighter than the rear grip XP, short bolt lift, repeater if that's what want, comfortable grip.

Bad- 1.5" to 2" groups for 3 shots at 100yds. Plenty good enough for deer hunting but just not what most of us are seeking. With lots of load tweaking groups pushing a little over an inch but from what I've found in order to so you must shoot the heavier bullet weights and load for slower velocities. Top end loads just seem to open up. Both of these items really hurt if your wanting to shoot 300yds or more. If your hunting is for medium sized game out to 200-250 yds you would be successful.

Just my 2cents

Rick

Posts: 3544 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Any caliber seem to stand out better than the others?

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
PRR1957 Welcome to SP! Didn't mean to jump on your post just seems Nitemann has some good info on the subject.

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any caliber seem to stand out better than the others?

They all were about the same. Most reloads weren't any better than any facory loads and most of the time worse. With the 243 I was finely able to get a load that shoots just under an inch.

posted Hide Post
Leupold Man;

No problem with jumping in. I'm the new guy in this crowd.

This forum chat room is my kind of neighborhood. I love the challenge of having just one round to make a clean kill on game animals. Like the old saying; One shot, one kill.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nitemann;

Which one is the 243 Win. ?

Peter Resetz

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
The bottom one is the 243.