Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help to identify this sight. Login/Join 

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted
I got this sight off of an XP I bought last year that the seller "Thought" was unfired. I would like to sell the sight but have no idea as to it's value. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Another angle.

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That is a Thompson-Center Contender sight. Very common - worth maybe $20 - $30

Posts: 1363 | Location: Gonzales, LA | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I have taken T/C sights off barrels for 25 years but never came across one that had a pin you had to drive out to get to the mounting screws. Would this be a 1970's type Contender sight ?

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
I think that every single one of the over a dozen new barrels I purchased in the 80s had this exact sight. Very common, they came with at least three different blade heights to accommodate differing chamberings. Used to have a box full of them since I usually replaced them with better irons or a scope.

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith

Posts: 987 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys !

posted Hide Post
The only thing theyre good for is the elevation screw fit my damascus barreled hammer gun L C Smith's lost hammer screw.

IHMSA 44463
Last of the try hards!
You greenhorns are gonna ruin this sport!
I hate this game and the poeple that play it!

Posts: 38 | Location: ky | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post