Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x47 Lapua Build Login/Join 

posted
Getting my list ready to get things rolling on a S.P. build. Main use will be steel targets. On my list, Borden BRM Action, Kreiger 18 " with Holland Brake and Russo rear grip stock. My question or thinking is AM I going over kill on the action ? Would I be happy with let's say a Stiller action. Like to hear some thoughts.

Posts: 25 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Your action choice is just fine. I know I will get hate mail from certain members here but you do not need more than a 15" barrel. Otherwise build a RIFLE!!!

I use a 15" 6x47 Lapua in a MOA for steel.

Let the hate begin.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dean:
Getting my list ready to get things rolling on a S.P. build. Main use will be steel targets. On my list, Borden BRM Action, Kreiger 18 " with Holland Brake and Russo rear grip stock. My question or thinking is AM I going over kill on the action ? Would I be happy with let's say a Stiller action. Like to hear some thoughts.

Dean,
Not sure that there is such a thing as overkill? laugh
If it fits the budget, run with it! Sounds like a great build. I wanna see pic's when it's all done Big Grin

-Mike

Posts: 2292 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 40xmike:
quote:
Originally posted by Dean:

Dean,
Not sure that there is such a thing as overkill? laugh
If it fits the budget, run with it! Sounds like a great build. I wanna see pic's when it's all done Big Grin

-Mike

Got to agree with Mike. If it's in your budget AND it's what YOU want, go for the gusto!

Posts: 1363 | Location: LAKE CUMBERLAND AREA, KY | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post