Specialty Pistols
6.5x47 Lapua Build

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/8090068486

October 30, 2016, 09:08 AM
Dean
6.5x47 Lapua Build
Getting my list ready to get things rolling on a S.P. build. Main use will be steel targets. On my list, Borden BRM Action, Kreiger 18 " with Holland Brake and Russo rear grip stock. My question or thinking is AM I going over kill on the action ? Would I be happy with let's say a Stiller action. Like to hear some thoughts.
October 30, 2016, 10:33 AM
old leghumper
Your action choice is just fine. I know I will get hate mail from certain members here but you do not need more than a 15" barrel. Otherwise build a RIFLE!!!

I use a 15" 6x47 Lapua in a MOA for steel.

Let the hate begin.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.
October 30, 2016, 02:21 PM
40xmike
quote:
Originally posted by Dean:
Getting my list ready to get things rolling on a S.P. build. Main use will be steel targets. On my list, Borden BRM Action, Kreiger 18 " with Holland Brake and Russo rear grip stock. My question or thinking is AM I going over kill on the action ? Would I be happy with let's say a Stiller action. Like to hear some thoughts.

Dean,
Not sure that there is such a thing as overkill? laugh
If it fits the budget, run with it! Sounds like a great build. I wanna see pic's when it's all done Big Grin

-Mike
October 30, 2016, 04:47 PM
Da-Law-Dawg
quote:
Originally posted by 40xmike:
quote:
Originally posted by Dean:

Dean,
Not sure that there is such a thing as overkill? laugh
If it fits the budget, run with it! Sounds like a great build. I wanna see pic's when it's all done Big Grin

-Mike

Got to agree with Mike. If it's in your budget AND it's what YOU want, go for the gusto!