Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Specialty Pistol Login/Join 

Picture of TXBRASS
posted
I am posting this for Mark Hampton as he has been working with this Nosler handgun since late last year. The handgun will first be chambered in 20 Nosler, 22 Nosler, 24 Nosler, 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm-08, and .308 Win. Stock will come in a choice of colors. Barrels will come standard at 15 inches and be fluted. Different lengths and non-fluted barrels will be offered as an option, as well as muzzle brakes. MSRP – $2495. Get more details from the Nosler website. Mark will have articles published in future AMERICAN HANDGUNNER and GUNS magazines.

Three shot group at 200 with factory Nosler 6.5 Creedmoor 120gr BT

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Think I'll stick to my contenders at that price. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why almost $2500?

Posts: 778 | Location: Idaho | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am glad to hear that the 20 Nosler will be one of the first offerings.
Nice bobcat Mark.They are very elusive around here.
I am curious what the street price will wind up being.Bet they will shoot even better wth hand loads,although that is not quite like it used to be in the past.
Matt

------------------------------
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 639 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It's not everyday handgun hunters get new products -- especially from well-known manufacturers. Since late last year I have been shooting the Nosler handgun. First was a prototype in 22 Nosler. It came with a 4x Leupold scope. Shooting factory ammo - three shot groups inside an inch were common. I killed a bobcat with the 22 Nosler during the winter. A few modifications were made and the second gun came in 6.5 Creedmoor. I've mounted a Leupold 4.5-14x scope which enables me to see better for accuracy testing. I've been very pleased with this Nosler handgun - and it is accurate! With an upcoming dall sheep hunt -- I sighted-in at 200 yards with factory Nosler 120 gr. BT ammo. Three-shot group measured .810" - and I'm a lousy bench shooter. You can find out more on Nosler's website and articles will be forthcoming in AMERICAN HANDGUNNER and GUNS Magazines.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
2500 isn’t a bad price.

It’s right there with the custom xp and under the HS

Posts: 4032 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
It looks good Mark! Congrats on the bobcat! Thanks for working for new factory options as I think it would be nice to see this from different companies. I agree with (Hoggin) Chris if you have ever had a custom XP done this is a good price!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I think the big unknown for a nosler firearm is that we just don’t see many out there.

Not something you tend to run into at the range or hear a lot about.

I’m just glad to see someone making a new SP

Posts: 4032 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Most shooters are right handed and a bolt on the left side is handier. probably too costly to tool up for left bolt handgun. Im more of a Wichita shooter than an xp these days. Like that left bolt. My 2 cents. Bruce

Posts: 717 | Location: Pa | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Gator T/C
posted Hide Post
Wow! I really like that! Definitely has some features that have been discussed several times here. It makes you feel good that manufactures listen to people that really use a product. Fantastic pistol that should only help support our little niche. Several times it has been mentioned about a left hand action. I have a left handed long action Remington centergrip design now. I will be anxious to see details of trigger linkage as well as pictures of action without stock? (Mark?). Thanks to all that have helped guide Nosler down this path!

Brad

Contender 22LR, 17MachII, 17HMR, .223(SSK), 6mm Gator, 6TCU, 6mmJDJ(Van Horn), 25x47(Coyote), 6.5 JDJ(SSK), 7x47(SSK),308 Bellm, .338 SSK Woodswalker (2),358 Bellm, 375Win, 375 JDJ(SSK), 45/70(SSK), 45/70 (VanHorn), 50-70(SSK)
Encore .243, 7mm–08, 300WM(15-1/4"), 50-90(MGM, 14"), 50–110 (MGM), .50ML(16")
XP-100 .223, .223AI, 6mm204Imp, .243AI, 6BR
XP-7 .223,.243,.300Blackout, .300RSAUM
XP-700SA .22LR, .243
XP-700LA .25/06, .270AI, .300WM,.338 Lapua, .510 Whisper

Posts: 1253 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: January 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Gator T/C
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong but it looks like the trigger is integral with aluminum chassis and possibly has a removable linkage to trigger? I like that idea a lot better than attaching trigger to recoil lug. This opens up the door to convert Howa actions to a centergrip chassis as well.

Brad

Contender 22LR, 17MachII, 17HMR, .223(SSK), 6mm Gator, 6TCU, 6mmJDJ(Van Horn), 25x47(Coyote), 6.5 JDJ(SSK), 7x47(SSK),308 Bellm, .338 SSK Woodswalker (2),358 Bellm, 375Win, 375 JDJ(SSK), 45/70(SSK), 45/70 (VanHorn), 50-70(SSK)
Encore .243, 7mm–08, 300WM(15-1/4"), 50-90(MGM, 14"), 50–110 (MGM), .50ML(16")
XP-100 .223, .223AI, 6mm204Imp, .243AI, 6BR
XP-7 .223,.243,.300Blackout, .300RSAUM
XP-700SA .22LR, .243
XP-700LA .25/06, .270AI, .300WM,.338 Lapua, .510 Whisper

Posts: 1253 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: January 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Grendel99
posted Hide Post
I don't like the look of the stock but I'm sure it's very functional. Hopefully they have some more traditional stock options. I'd be all over that if they do. Can't wait to get my next American Handgunner magazine. Nice shooting as always Mark.

Posts: 960 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: June 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the cat and thanks for all your input/work on this pistol Mark! I may just bag my custom xp project and go for one of these instead... Wink

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 20005 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am like the rest. Happy to see a new platform, but I want to see what's under the hood,so to speak. I hope it will stay in the game longer than Savage did, let alone Blaser. Worst mistake I ever made was cancelling my order for one of the Blaser pistols.
I am just as happy to see the 20 Nosler come about as a factory cartridge. Now if they will get the twist right we will be in business.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3037 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
jsh, Funny you should mention the Blaser handgun. I have a few regrets regarding handguns -- and that's definitely one of them. Back in the day, they sent me a .308 Win. -- took it to Zimbabwe and Zambia and killed several critters. Stupid me -- I returned the gun instead of writing them a check!!!

I've got a good feeling about this Nosler...……..

Posts: 1016 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Grendel99
posted Hide Post
Blasers looked awesome. Really digging this Nosler though, minus the stock. Mark, know if they have any plans for a fiberglass or wood stock?

Posts: 960 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: June 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have not heard of any plans for additional stocks -- but if enough interest, who knows.

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
This is the same price as their custom 48 rifle. Same action? No modifications?
Have any pics of how the trigger system works?
Just curious.

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 818 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It is the same Model 48 action they use on their rifles -- fed from a solid-bottom receiver. I do not know the price of their rifles as they offer several models. I like the fact the 2-stage trigger is adjustable for pull weight and over-travel.

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Nice! thumbup

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 818 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think it looks alright. And for the record the bolt is on the correct side!! Now let's see a picture of it with a 40" dall sheep! August is coming

Aaron

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rickiesrevenge,

Posts: 2758 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Aaron, I'll make you a deal -- I'll do my best (for an old guy) to punch my sheep tag but I'm really looking forward to seeing your ram!! I'm rooting for you all the way!

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Mark any idea on the pull weight range this trigger can be adjusted to? Just wondering if it was light / crisp enough for precision work. Your groups suggest it will work well.

Posts: 958 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Mike, I honestly don't know how low. Nosler has stated triggers will leave the factory at 3 Lbs. Currently mine is a tad under two pounds. I'll ask tomorrow and report back.

posted Hide Post
Mark , when I was in Dallas for NRA I spoke with couple gentlemen at Nosler booth they told me to keep eye on you at MOA . I didn't have much of chance to walk around but did go see Pat and met Mark and encouraged him to run with the pistol.

I don't know how to get attention on the long range pistols but I think and hope that popularity keeps growing . It is a lot of fun for me ! I also know there are bunch of members here who enjoy this as well .

Good luck to all who are going to WY Shot and the MOA in the next few weeks I know there will be travel from all over the country and one from Canada drive safe .

Posts: 107 | Location: Western Il | Registered: June 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark hampton:
Aaron, I'll make you a deal -- I'll do my best (for an old guy) to punch my sheep tag but I'm really looking forward to seeing your ram!! I'm rooting for you all the way!

HA, you've got much better odds at cutting your tag than I do. Guided vs DIY. And Shane gets first right of refusal since he's never sheep hunted before. Only thing on my side is the 17 days in the field we have planned.

Aaron

Posts: 2758 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
17 days!!!! Wow! My last backpack sheep hunt (2016) lasted 12 days. No opportunity at a legal ram but did come home with a hernia! You will make something happen in 17 days...………..

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
Hmmm they make their M48 in a left hand version so it should be possible to make a left bolt and port in this, just a different stock.

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4627 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post