Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

hi all new here stiker 510 scope question Login/Join 

posted
I am a long time collector and just bought a 510 striker 308 on gunjoker. It has a bsa POS pistol scope on it. I have a simmons 2-6x32 pistol scope i want to put on it but the rings are too far apart for the scope(rings hit the larger ends of the scope) What rings(either 2 piece or 1 piece) are recommended for a variable pistol scope? I see some here use a rifle scope. How does that work with eye relief?
thanks for any help

Posts: 4 | Location: Komifornia | Registered: December 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Weaver makes an extended ring and that is what I used on my Striker to get the Simons scope to fit..The Simons did not survive so I went with a Weaver 2.5x8 eer scope. Simmons did replace the scope and it is still being used just not on the .308.

Posts: 399 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Weaver 2.5x8 eer scope

hey thanks, ill try the simmons until it fails
is this the rings you are talking about? What height rings will i need?
http://www.****.com/itm/331736019494

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mtnman,

Posts: 4 | Location: Komifornia | Registered: December 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
You can also pick up any picatinny (sp) style scope base for the Savage model 10,12 action with a flat rear (not the newer round)and use weaver style scope rings to position the scope anywhere you wish.

Oh, and welcome.

Rick

Posts: 3523 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitemann:
You can also pick up any picatinny (sp) style scope base for the Savage model 10,12 action with a flat rear (not the newer round)and use weaver style scope rings to position the scope anywhere you wish.

Oh, and welcome.

Rick

Works for me as well. Much more flexibility for scopes with fussy eye relief.

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks all

posted Hide Post
quote:

I'll "third" the motion! thumbup When given the choice, I exclusively use Burris Signature Z-rings (the ones used w/ Picatinny type base. On a 308, I'd use 3 (med) rings. I don't know how old your Simmons scope is, but the older ones were very tough scopes. I had a Simmons 2-7X on my 6.5 JDJ Contender for MANY years and it never let me down. Sad

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1670 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post