Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

xp100 bolt question Login/Join 

posted
.Thinking of making a Remage out of my 221 FB.I would like to have a 223-use my 221 bolt.Also would like to have a 6br and maybe a 300 WSM.I have a 243 REM 600 and a 350 Rem.600.Any reason not to use the bolts out of them for my XP100-centergrip and if I wanted to shoot the rifles,put the bolts back in them?I know the remage would have to be headspaced on barrel change,but the rifles headspace should not change.Any thoughts? Also,on pinning the recoil lug-does this make the lug permanant-or maybe easier to change barrels? Thanks for any advice

Posts: 98 | Location: upper east tennessee | Registered: January 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I like to pin the lugs on switch barrels. The lug isn't permanently attached but it'll stay in alignment so you don't need to worry about it fitting the bedding. I've put bolts in different rigs before with no issues.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So to be clear, yes you can take a bolt out of a Rem. 600 and install in an xp-100
Then its a matter of head spacing the barrel to the bolt ??

Posts: 128 | Location: Milford , PA. | Registered: January 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My understanding is that the xp is based on the 600. I've never done it with a 600 bolt. Just model 7 bolts.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post