Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xp bolt swap Login/Join 

posted
I have a 7br xp and I'm in the process of making it a blackout. (Slow process). I have been offered a bolt trade for a 223 bolt. What do I need to know. Will it fit, should I buy new, etc.

Thanks j.

Posts: 525 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Is it a factory bolt? I've added several bolts to my xp's that originally came from other xp's. Your gunsmith can make sure it fits correctly when the barrel is fit to the receiver.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Aaron,
Is the ejector plunger and the extractor in the same position on a 221 and 223 factory XP bolt? I've never had two bolts side by side, guess I should have done that when I've had a 221 & 223 XP in the house. Thanks.

Jon

Posts: 1607 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It's a factory bolt, I'm up at farm bow hunting, so I can look at anything. I have pictures of the 223

Thanks j.

Posts: 525 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've never had a factory one that wouldn't go into another action. Not saying that the handle will be in the correct position for getting all of the primary extraction cam though. Most handles need to be moved a bit.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your help, it has to be cheaper to fit a factory bolt then buy a new one which will still gave to fitted. I'm off to field dress a deer.

Thanks again j.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4570 hunter:
Thanks for all your help, it has to be cheaper to fit a factory bolt then buy a new one which will still gave to fitted. I'm off to field dress a deer.

Thanks again j.

This is just me but if it was me I would seek out a used factory small bolt face bolt outright, no trade. I see them pop up used at pretty good prices on occasion. I would keep the original bolt so that when you get ready for a cartridge requiring a large bolt face you'll be all set plus it will be numbered to your frame s/n. It would make a good switch barrel set up.

Jon

Posts: 1607 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post