Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 CM XP100 Login/Join 

Picture of sheehan93
posted
Picked up a super nice XP100 in 6.5 CM with 17” barrel and finally got to shoot it on Sunday.
I mounted a VX-3i LPR FFP with the Impact-60 MOA reticle, all I can say is, Wow what a scope. I tried 10 shots of Hornady Black 140 BTHP, they shot very good and also some other loads i had. With a little more testing I think i can settle on a good load. I’m excited to hit the dog town with it and also the steer range that goes out to 950 yards. Here are the groups from 105 yards yesterday.

140 ELD-M hand load, 5 shots

123 BTHP Nosler Custom Comp hand, 6 shots

140 BTHP Hornady Black factory ammo, 10 shots

Marc Sheehan

Life NRA Member

Posts: 1109 | Location: Syracuse, NE, USA | Registered: November 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sweet I’m looking for similar pistol but rear grip
Nice shooting!!!

You only live once!

Posts: 85 | Location: Ky | Registered: February 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Good to see that XP getting some use.
Congrats Marc!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice looking rig,good shooting too.I bet once you are settled in and reloading those groups will tighten up a bunch.
Matt

------------------------------
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 632 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice looking XP Marc. That Leupold makes my mouth water.

Jon

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
The deals Marc falls into...

A customer had a fully loaded 6.5 creed xp made....then decided he would rather have me build him a rifle...

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sheehan93
posted Hide Post
I just wish i could get home before dark to do some more shooting.

Marc Sheehan

Life NRA Member

Posts: 1109 | Location: Syracuse, NE, USA | Registered: November 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sheehan93:
I just wish i could get home before dark to do some more shooting.

And I wish that I had the cash to have bought it when I messaged Chris. I knew it wouldn't last long. cry

Good deal on that one and a as usual from Chris a good shooter. Enjoy! I also understand about the time to shoot. I had to week 6-7 days a week for almost a year and just went to a 12 hour rotating shift so I now have some days off. Now if it will ever stop raining.

Bruce

Posts: 1091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of jroc
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rig Marc. That will roll some dogs.

Posts: 121 | Location: Michigan/Montana | Registered: May 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post